OT: Another bailout in the making?

"Obama urges banks to find ways to increase lending"

Sheesh!! doesn't anybody realize that that's what got us into this mess in the first place?

I hope the Republican majority that's going to get voted in in 2010 will impeach that communist bastard!

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On a sunny day (Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:30:49 -0800) it happened Rich Grise wrote in :

I think it makes sense to protect people against the vultures who designed the scheme to use taxpayers money to play roulette when they lost their own in the same game. But I also think Obamama is losing it, he has no control at all. That could create a reach for the button WW3 precedent...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

he's telling the banks it is time to show some responsibility and pay back the help they got and not kill of small businesses by shutting off the credits completely

Thats what the banks all over the world have been told, because they all panicked and went from credit to everyone to credit to noone. Here the government even extended the deadline for some tax payments for business

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

I thought I'd never hear you say such things!

Reply to
krw

Republican majority?

Laugh...laugh...laugh...

Do you still think it is 1994?

Or that Raygun Ronnie is still here?

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I'm sure you do believe RR was President in '94.

Reply to
krw

I don't recall anything in Obama's call that specifed that the loans had to be made to people with no income and no job; The sub-prime mortgage crisis blew up because the banks did exactly that.

James Arthur has claimed that the banks only got into these idiotic practices because the government twisted their arms, but even his research skills have failed to find any legislation that required the banks to find clients who were absolutely certain of not being able to repay their loans.

"Communist"? Rich has been over-indulging in conscious-raising substances again - he's started to sound as demented as Jim Yanik.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Its fair comment. It was amusing to listen to them trying=20 to clothe state management techniques in the language of=20 capitalism.

Reply to
Jitt