OT: Air America makes a year!

Awaiting the long list of you honest righties to go on record saying you were wrong!

Oh yeah, I forgot, you make decisions based on no facts other than your blessed opinions and are never wrong!

Reply to
Rock

It that you, Rolavine? Guess I need to review and fix my PLONK filters :-)

...Jim Thompson

....and still not making a dime.

That's another reason I like XM Radio. 200 some channels ond only one small concession to the left (who can't afford the $13/mo). ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

Maybe you'd care to explain what you're talking about for us poor mortal souls ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

It is a liberal talk radio network, set up in opposition to the conservative talk radio chains.

--
Regards,
   Robert Monsen

"Your Highness, I have no need of this hypothesis."
     - Pierre Laplace (1749-1827), to Napoleon,
        on why his works on celestial mechanics make no mention of God.
Reply to
Robert Monsen

And it's a non-profit organization ;-)

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

Smirk !-)

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that Robert Monsen wrote (in ) about 'OT: Air America makes a year!', on Sun, 3 Apr 2005:

Here was me thinking it was a low-cost airline.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

....as opposed to not-for-profit organization. ;-)

--
  Keith
Reply to

No, that airline has been out of business for a long time, never was a real airline, and was certainly not low cost.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

Certainly reminds me of a certain notorious one !

Anyone know how Hooters Airline is doing ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I just sent Neal Boortz a message saying it made a year, he was concerned that if it didn't make it, the Government would move further in the direction of regulating 'hate', er, talk radio, by requiring equal time provisions and such.

I'm sure they're still bouncing around...

-----

Ben Bradley

If stupid people with a lot of money wanted to put filtered white noise on the air for a year, they could.

And it would be more enjoyable than Al Franken's nasal whining.

Reply to
frenchy

Yeah thats the kind of "Yeah I was wrong" that I expected from ya Jim, lol!

The political threads on here are pretty funny anyway. I really liked the one where an even more insane rightie was attacking Jim because he wasn't quite up to wearing the klan robes.

What I still can't figure out is how engineers can have such firm political opinons without having any facts at all. It makes me wonder how the hell you ever manage to learn anything you don't allready know, and the related how the hell you ever learned anything at all, that was outside your set of blessed perceptions.

But you got your know nothing moron prez now, and just look at these wonderful priorites he is pushing? Hell, we're doomed, He must be working for the Chinese just like his brother Neil.

Rocky

Reply to
Rock

Dude, we have been doomed for longer than Bush has been president. Clinton, Bush again, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson etc. There is not a longer list of idiots and fools to be found in our lifetimes.

The first place to look is towards the entire system, which for some reason, everyone thinks is built around the president. That ain't the way it is supposed to work, yet everyone prefers to pick a side, and bitch from it, rather than taking action.

You can put hillary in there, and it won't make a damn bit of difference. You can have Gore, or Kerry, and it won't change a thing. The government, now that it is no longer following any portions of the Constitution, is fundamentally and fatally flawed, and for those who think it can be fixed from the inside, I say you are very wrong. Burn it down, and go back to what it says in the Constitution, or burn it down and have a dictator (see reference to hillary) I no longer care which way, but intelligence ought to reveal that it doesn't matter which side is in charge, they are all corrupt, they are all criminals, and not a one of them is qualifed to pick the dirt from beneath my toenails, let alone have power and control over a US citizen.

Bash Bush. Who cares? Whomever takes his place will be worse, and it will continue that way until it implodes. To a group of relatively intelligent folks like those who live here, it ought to be obvious that the president can never get it right, and that congress does not represent the people. Do the math, its like one representative for 850,000 people. You call that fair? You honestly think you mean a thing to any of those millionaires?

If you were president, what would you do? Not just BS flowing out your mouth, but what would you do? Really, honestly. Its a dead end job and no one will like what you do, no matter which side you come down on. Its doesn't matter. That is why some very intelligent men, a very long time ago, provided a three way system of checks and balances, to avoid just what we are seeing today. Its IMPOSSIBLE for one man to RUN the United States, that is why the Constitution makes it quite clear that it is not up to ONE MAN to RUN the country. No one is supposed to RUN the country, but here we are, watching a great experiment tank big time.

Its only slightly amusing to watch the flip flop of support as one president comes in, and another leaves. Here is what is most amusing. Men like Teddy, Al, Kerry, Hatch, and a handful of other, very, very powerful men have been tearing this country down brick by brick for thirty and forty years. Presidents come and go, but these men are still there because we have been hoodwinked into thinking that the President is responsible, but the president doesn't spend the money, the president doesn't make the laws, the president does not interpret the laws. By definition in the Constitution, he is made to appear to be the most impotent man in the whole government. How stupid of us to elevate the office to that of King. It won't work, it can't work, and it is causing just the effect you might expect. Total failure.

The fact that some here will refute those statements of how things should work only shows that the Constitution is dead, and we are living in a monarchy, wherein the president is the puppet, for the kings and queens of the Congress. You wanna fix the United States? Vote out every damn member of Congress. We could get rid of every one of them in a matter of six years. Turn over the whole crappy bunch of them. How can a drunken, a murder, a liar, and pig, be a Senator for as long as Ted Kennedy has survived. I am tired, so very tired of "Bush sucks, or Clinton sucks," or "your name here sucks" and in the background, untouched, unmolested, this man goes about undermining this nation's sovereignty, and security and freedoms, with impunity. For some reason, everyone bitches and moans about the president, but no one even cares about the real criminals running this country into the ground. Instead, we just argue among ourselves over whomever happens to be president this year, and the dirty little congressbastards keep turning the screws, laughing at us all the way.

The time has long since past when it could be fixed, but if we are not willing to turn over a whole new congress, then we really ought to just shut up and go back to engineering. Talk is way too cheap anymore.

For forty years running, everyone bitches about whomever is president, but presidents come and go, and the problems remain. Its likely that the problem is elsewhere. We we figure it out before its just too late?

Reply to
learning

I read in sci.electronics.design that frenchy wrote (in ) about 'OT: Air America makes a year!', on Tue, 5 Apr 2005:

They do want to; it's called 'power line communication' (aka several other things).

A moot point.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

What I can't figure out is how non-engineers manage to make it through life without having any understanding about how things actually work.

Democracy. Productivity. Decency. Stupid stuff like that?

John

Quite so. I think it is _fear_ of technology that causes most non-techies to act like they don't understand.

...Jim Thompson

04/05/05

working

your

For one, I would spend the 300 billion wasted on Iraq to organize all forces in our society to create safe Fusion Power. Why, because I'm an engineer, not a w**re like Bush.

Rocky

Really, honestly. Its a dead end job and no

time

just

United

not

country,

Men

powerful

because

responsible,

make the

King.

might

should

queens of

member

sucks," or

this

and

dirty

the

not

just

president, but

Reply to
Rock

wonder

know,

was

through

LOL, it may be an advantage as they seem to have little idea how screwed up things are. Honest, I wouldn't wish being a technical idealist on my worst enemy.

Rocky

Reply to
Rock