CEO of the year

I have been named CEO of the year. All I need to do now is send them

150 GBP for the trophy.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

That's better than the "Who's Who" scam ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

With the pound low it's totally worth it. (Probably $300 in the US)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I'll make you one for less.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Since the payment is in pounds, I must be the *international* CEO of the year.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I'll put you on the list of Engineer of the Century for way less. Or if you prefer some other title , let me know.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I know a guy, a real estate wheeler-dealer, who has a gorgeous conference room with fancy chandeliers and a wall covered with trophies and plaques, to impress clients. I'll ask him where he gets them.

He did recently set the all-time record for selling a piece of dirt here. About 140 million dollars per acre.

 Click to see the full signature

Best I could come up with on such short notice:

John

Reply to
John Robertson

Sloman would be listed in 'What's What'! ;-)

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Google finds "A W Sloman" in a bunch of peer-reviewed scientific papers. Adding "What's What" produced no hits at all, so Mike's hypothesis has been falsified.

Oddly enough, I did get a couple of hits with "Mike Terrell" and "What's What", but it didn't look as if he'd paid money for any of them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Or listed in "Who?"

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

Was it this guy? Does he have a miniature giraffe, too?

Reply to
bitrex

Can't be, the guy in the video has way too much hair.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

The woman lifting the tray of gold bars must be about the strongest woman in the world, too!

Reply to
bitrex

Or in 'Why bother, there's nothing here to see so move along...'

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've seen more than one movie in which someone, sometimes a woman of average build, handled several standard gold bars as if they weighed no more than a few kilos.

Reply to
Pimpom

Gold painted Styrofoam is almost weightless. :)

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

More likely, "What's That".

Reply to
krw

Yup, the reason I remember that ad all these years later is because they pulled off the satire well - even those details!

Reply to
bitrex