What do you use to supply air to your hot-air desoldering station?

I bought a Leister Labor S7B hot air system. Unfortunately, it's minus the air. Air has to get thru 10 feet of hose with a wire running down the center. I need about 10 CFM at 10PSI give or take.

3/4HP air compressor running wide open can just keep up. And I don't want to have to go to the garage to use it. Centrifugal blowers that I have can't stand the back pressure. Need something with lots of volume at low pressure. Any suggestions for a cheap solution before I start taking apart the vacuum cleaner? Thanks, mike
--
Return address is VALID.
http://nm7u.tripod.com/homepage/te.html

I read in sci.electronics.design that mike wrote (in ) about 'What do you use to supply air to your hot-air desoldering station?', on Sat, 29 Jan 2005:

To me, 'lots of volume at low pressure' means 'vacuum cleaner'. Buy one at a garage sale?

John Woodgate

"mike" ...

Most stations use what looks like a bigger version of an aquarium air-pump. Visit your local pet shop and given them some technical details of what you need. ;-)

Regards, Arie de Muynck

Reply to
Arie de Muynck