OT: AGW - to what depths will those crooks sink?

OK, wanna take the Garage Test?

And there's a HELL of a lot of difference between cigarette smoke and smoke from a house fire.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I believe that "the rapture" is the end of the world the same way that the butterfly is the end of the worm.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

"Have

Yikes!

egregious:

ernmen...

Antismokerism,

Garage

couple

the

I'll

out of

on our

Can you find any day where the world population dropped by so much as

1%, let alone the claimed 1/3 of the population? If that happens and you are still around, try posting it, i may still be around.
Reply to
JosephKK

ct

Indeed I am. My apologies.

And - crucially - this e-mail includes the line

"Date: Thu Feb 3 13:11:46 2005"

which you failed to quote, despite the fact that it make your case crystal clear.

Sorry about that. I was thinking about an earlier exchange.

Phil Jones does seem to suffer from a tendency to post without thinking.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ect

0...

No way. Raveninghorde won that one.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ject

30...

And Ravinghorde fancies himself as a comedian. It is a pity that he can't do better than clown.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

SNIP

Before being arrogant read the other posts, keep up the prtactice. From another post at 23:32:

/quote

Indeed I am. My apologies.

And - crucially - this e-mail includes the line

"Date: Thu Feb 3 13:11:46 2005"

which you failed to quote, despite the fact that it make your case crystal clear.

quoted text -

Sorry about that. I was thinking about an earlier exchange.

Phil Jones does seem to suffer from a tendency to post without thinking.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

/end quote

SNIP

Reply to
Raveninghorde

Thanks for that. especially as I spent 3 hours moving hockey goal posts and umpiring today:)

Reply to
Raveninghorde

the

be

"greenhouse

that

downwards.

your

to be

uncontrolled

winds

is

just

Projecting. Hilarious.

Reply to
JosephKK

based on what Ive seen on Snoman...

This is pretty realistic..though I believe the numbers to be far far too low.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Three

Indeed it does not. However its a hacked version that I didnt have to pay for and it will cost me money to update..and it would include buffoonish "desks" and other bullshit that I have absolutely no need for.

So Ill simply fumble around with the occasional spelling error and not have to deal with the complex buffoonery that Agent finally became...not because it needed improvement..but because the programmers needed to make the product more expensive.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate The more you present a leftist with factual evidence that is counter to his preconceived world view and the more difficult it becomes for him to refute it without losing face the chance of him calling you a racist, bigot, homophobe approaches infinity.

This is despite the thread you are in having not mentioned race or sexual preference in any way that is relevant to the subject." Grey Ghost

Reply to
Gunner Asch

First off you don't know to what extent the deniers are funded by industry. I suspect they are providing the dollars behind the majority of it. And knowing that industry exists solely to make profits, I take anything their "research" produces with a rather large grain of salt. Moreover, unlike you, I don't consider that scientists paid with taxpayer funding are paid by politicians. Despite who pays them true scientists don't come up with specific results that their bosses want. But we all can recite stories where "scientists" working for business interests do come up with exactly what the businesses are paying them to find.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

You mean, besides the fact that it's impossible?

In a way, there's an experiment going on right now - CO2 levels are increasing, and the temperature isn't.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Zero, here. I wish I knew how to collect this alleged funding, but like all warmingism, it's smoke and mirrors.

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

ubject

one

,
5430...

I'll be in goal tomorrow evening for Nijmegen QZ against Druten in Druten, It's just "trim-hockey" meaning that we play to keep fit, and it is mixed, so the standard isn't all that impressive, but it is still field-hockey.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Trust Rich to take the short term view - in the short term the world isn't warming up and he hasn't developed lung cancer.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Hi Charlie,

I should clarify that I when I say "science is not about proof" I mean that nothing is ever proven absolutely true, in the way that perhaps it can be in mathematics for example. So it is unreasonable to ask for absolute "proof" of something before taking action. All that we can ever hope for is to have sufficient evidence one way or the other.

Water vapour comes into equilibrium very rapidly AIUI, i.e. double the amount in the atmosphere and it will all rain out again tommorrow. The corresponding cycles for CO2 take hundreds to thousands of years. The effect from CO2 may be smaller but it is continuous, building up over decades and persisting for millenia.

Methane is indeed a serious greenhouse gas and is included in the models and mitigation planning. (Sometimes I have seen the figures from these other gasses presented as "CO2 equivalent" quantities).

--

John Devereux
Reply to

I don't understand what you are complaining about here. As you say it is clearly labelled so what is the problem?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Perhaps you misunderstood my post. I wasn't denying Bill uses denigration, I was pointing out that Raveninghorde's grasp of easily verifiable facts is woeful. He was claiming that at least 285 (570/2) posts in that thread included Bill calling all non believers idiots. That's nonsense because the total no of posts from Bill in that thread was well short of 285 (easily verified), and of those he did make, not all involved calling all non believers idiots.

-- Regards Malcolm Remove sharp objects to get a valid e-mail address

Reply to
Malcolm Moore

We can't ignore this gem from Bill who is ranting at an obvious forgery:

Subject: Re: Any Smart DumbAss in here knows How to Increase the Capacitance of Electrolyte Capacitor? Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 04:42:53 -0700 (PDT) From: snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org Organization:

Newsgroups: sci.electronics.components, sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.repair References: 1

If you weren't quite the ill-informed idiot that you are, you'd know that the dielectric in an electrolytic capacitor is formed by the electrolytic oxidation of the surface of the aluminium foil the forms the plates of the capacitor.

If you reverse bias the capacitor you can reverse this process, making the dielectric thinner ( and more likely to break down). Sadly, the reverse process is unlikely to thin the oxide layer to exactly the same extent at every point, so you run the risk of lowering the breakdown voltage faster than you increase the capacitance.

As cheap goes, this about a poor and investment of your time as you could make - short of slandering me in this user group which however does seem to give you some kind of demented satisfaction - but do try it. You won't enjoy the process at all, but does that worry me?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!
Reply to