EIA 19" Rack Depths

What are 'standard' depths for for post EIA racks?

Various sites advertise their product specs, but they don't always agree. Belden has a series of depths available (24, 28, 32, 36 inch depths):

But I pulled an HP rack-mount terminal out of my scrap pile and measured the (not adjustable) depth between front and back mounting flanges at 29.75". This would suggest a 30" rack (1/4" off since my rack mounts to the inside of the rack rails.

I'm building up a rack (home brewed) to fit in an oddball location. I know that some side rails are adjustable. But some (see above example) are not.

What's the true story on standard front to back depths?

Telemark:  If it was easy, they'd call it snowboarding.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.