Orcad Viewer doesn't work

Tried it on a netbook. Same thing. Now I was hoping that a viewer that is advertized as such does two things: Install correctly by simply using the auto-installer. Run the data files from software for which it was advertized as a viewer correctly. If it's unhappy about some sort of setup on my computer, isn't it supposed to say so?

That's another beauty of Eagle: No stupid dongles. They simply trust their customers. What a concept :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Some software isn't worth stealing.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That Foxit doen't need as much RAM as Adobe.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

So, have you ever tried it?

If they had a hierarchy this would be the best CAD, ever. They said V6 might have it, and if it does I will reward that by sending them a check for an upgrade.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

No, that isn't the correct answer. You've got two more tries :-)

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

PADS keeps all the part descriptions in the schematic or PCB layout. If you change the library, the designs don't change unless you deliberately update from the library.

John

Same with Eagle. If you place a part into an existing schematic where this part already exists and you had spiffed it up a bit in the meantime there will be a warning that it has changed. Somehow it keeps track of this stuff.

Another nice function is that you can generate a library from all the parts in a schematic. You wouldn't believe how many people do not back up libraries. Every now and then there is a panicky post in one of the Eagle newsgroups "Oh s..t! My HD croaked and my custom lib is gone!". Then someone points to the user language program that does this forensic extraction ... huge sigh of relief.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Sigh. I'm not going to bother with something I don't need. If they placed much value on it, they would have protected it.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Right.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Poor Joerg, he was born with a silver *PHUT* in his mouth :-)

I've never before known anyone with such fantasy cockpit problems ;-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

What can you say? It's Chinatown. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

You're surprised? That's funny!

Reply to
krw

They are. The viewer is broken, worse than Crapture. Yes, that's possible.

Reply to
krw

Thought so.

There are still businesses that think that customers are truly partners and treat them that way. Cadsoft is one of them.

BTW, Orcad used to be that way, too. I bought Orcad-SDT in 1989 and there was no dongle or anything. Heck, not even an initialization code. You loaded it onto your HD and that was it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You mean, they don't even test stuff before putting it on their web site for download?

Do you know any viewer that actaully works?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

AFAIK: depending on the version (>version 9) the symbols are inside the schematics file.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

I thought they farmed it out to a place near New Delhi. That's in India. At least it still was last time I looked.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Actually, I am not :-)

Guess why I ditched Orcad many years ago ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The get it from someone else. When I challenged EDA (I think that's who we buy service from) they basically said "tough". It may work for the simplest schematic but it's a known problem. I went round and round with this when I was trying to get hierarchy to work in OrCAD (we needed something that would view it). It didn't work for our normal schematics with no hierarchy, either.

Cadence sucks.

PDF-Creator and PDF-XChange. ;-) Really. It's what we use.

Reply to
krw

The .DSN, yes. They're in the design cache, which has to be updated whenever someone on the block sneezes.

Reply to
krw