hideous object on the freeway

The CVT transmission is interesting.

John

Empty page.

Is there supposed to be script over the background image or something?

Full-page flash websites aren't worth it.

Tim

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Tim Williams

I've seen a couple of them on the road around here. It's just an attempt to out-ugly the Honda Element.

Reply to
krw

I kind of like it. To top that, perhaps someone needs to devise a polyhedral vehicle with an odd number of sides such a a pentagon. And asymmetrical to boot!

--
_____________________
Mr.CRC

Speaking of asymmetric: Here is the most asymmetric plane ever built.

brent

I think they're a thing of beauty -- but then, I don't look at a car these days without mentally counting the number of model airplanes I could stuff into it.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

If one got rid of those four strange round things at the bottom, one could use cardboard instead of metal...and house at least a dozen homeless.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Oh, so that was it... Having Flash (and all scripts) blocked did make that web site go away. Agreed, it is really dumb to have a full-page flash site.

Reply to
PeterD

If you find this hideous, you cannot be a true American :-)

-- Failure does not prove something is impossible, failure simply indicates you are not using the right tools... nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Nico Coesel

It's crap marketed to the tree huggers...

But we have it solved here in Phoenix, AZ, a city noted for many civic-oriented inventions...

We have added a new tool to the Fire Department safety equipment, addressing problems with accidents involving so-called Smart Cars:

A Hydraulically Assisted Spatula :-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

I'm waiting for all the clowns to exit the vehicle and run around in circles.

Reply to
JW

It's aimed at the Amish market - though they should have painted it black.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

One of my neighbours has one. He replaced the interior roof light with a tiny chandelier. :-)

Reply to
Werner

I hate car manufacturers websites. Full of flash shit and short on specs. What I want to see on a site is (for a manual gearbox) graphs of mpg in each gear versus speed/rpm. For starters. Anyone ever seen anything like that?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I think vehicles ought to be named to generate cognitive dissonance eg: a) The Mitsubishi Bender b) The Landrover Freeloader c) The Lamborghini Gayboy etc

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Can't do that for a CVT!

John

[snip]

I don't think the Amish would be caught dead in one.

Seeing as how they like to lag behind the state of the art, they should all be driving '67 GTOs right about now.

From the moment I picked your book up until I put it down I was
convulsed with laughter.  Some day I intend reading it.
                -- Groucho Marx, from "The Book of Insults"
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

MPG vs rubber band tension?

Opinions stated herein are the sole property of the author. Standard
disclaimers apply. All rights reserved. No user serviceable components
inside. Contents under pressure; do not incinerate. Always wear adequate
eye protection. Do not mold, findle or sputilate.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

MEs have Switching Regulator Envy.

John

Why not skip the middle man and give MPG vs. MPH?

Why bother with switchers when you can have a Variac?

Reply to
krw