Orcad Viewer doesn't work

I have an old 9.2 student version. What Capture format are the schematics in?

Martin Riddle

I remembered that after I commented. ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

Slowly I begin to understand. It ain't looking good at all ...

I have PDF Creator, and some others. But that doesn't display *.dsn files.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks, Martin. Very kind but that won't work, it's a few versions younger than that.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

And the reader they promoted can't read that. This is almost like at a Lada dealer in Moscow, where the displayed model had flat tires.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I just installed the Myriad Viewer. Works like a champ on OrCAD Capture files ;-)

As if we expected otherwise :-)

Hint: The Myriad Viewer only supports the OrCAD .DSN format. Your client probably sent you some sub-schematic ?? ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

No, it's DSN files. I just followed the standard installation procedure (but into a directory of my choice), nothing fancy.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Question: Was that a fairly big multi-sheet set of schematics? Reason I ask is that Keith wrote it works on simple schematics but not large ones. So, I guess I am (again ...) not the only one here.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Your customer uses PDF Creator to print PDFs from OrCrap and you use PDF-XChange as the viewer. ;-)

Reply to
krw

possible.

either.

That's what we are doing right now. Other clients convert to DXF for some reason. Which is why I bought a mechanical CAD. Which actually works ... :-)

Just thought about skipping the intermediate step and commenting right inside the schematic. But I guess not.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

'krw' don't know shit. He hasn't even tried it. I have. It works nicely. I'm glad you brought it up. It's going to a very useful tool since it can bring foreign designs into OrCAD, which I can use as a front-end for PSpice... save me some manual translating.

Myriad Viewer :-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

Seems to work with even really old drawings... and a 5 year old one with 134 pages :-)

I really like this tool! Glad you had problems that caused me to not only tweak you under the chin, but try it out myself :-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

If it becomes a last resort you can try, let me know. It?s a freebe from Orcad before they became Cadence. Limited connections of nodes, but will open up any size schematic. Only saves schematics under 60 or so nodes. Hence 'Student version'.

Martin Riddle

Beats me why it doesn't work here. It's newer version stuff, I don't have any older version files. Do you have a schematic that contains one of your already published (as in non-confidential) circuits as *.dsn that you could email me? At least that would tell me whether the Myriad install worked or not.

Glad to have been of help then :-)

They advertise the CIS ViewReader as a tool for ViewLogic conversions, might also be helpful.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You have gone senile.

Reply to
krw

Will do!

Thanks!

I downloaded that also. Never know when I'll get a ViewLogic schematic. Wonder if it'll convert Cadence stuff (like Composer) to OrCAD... that would be stupendous! ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

Thanks, Jim, looking forward to that.

[...]

Since that is an inhouse format it can't hurt to ask.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Guys, I figured it out, with the help of Jim and my client:

Jim sent some files and they opened fine. Then my client who uses Capture 16.3 saved in 16.2 and ... Myriad opens that as well. IOW, Myriad does not seem to support the file format of the latest release. Ain't that just great?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

You know that air was rationed, like everything else.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

And foot pumps probably weren't available until the next 5-year plan kicked in, and then only if you had connections to some of the higher-ups.