opamp sine wave oscillator

You might be. but the rest of us don't set a date to die by. You give a whole new meaning to 'Expiration Date'! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ahah - it uses the LT1228 as the variable-gain block. Remarkable part, I forgot that I had used it several years ago. Thanks so much for pointing that out! In a thread that started with a clipping oscillator tweaked to not get more than a few percent distortion, we evolved to the true-state-of-the-art ppb-level oscillator in a rather stellar manner.

The LT1228 of course goes way higher than audio frequencies. Gives me interesting ideas for low-distortion AGC of RF oscillators...

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

IIRC it works best with about a 30mV input swing. If you have a widely varying signal, you can do something like:

The Iset is adjusted to always keep the input swing about the same.

Reply to
MooseFET