Old trackball won't work on modern laptops

Really? I'm in the US, and I have hot water radiant heat.

It is a matter of cost. In most of the US, you need both heating and cooling during the year, so to use hot water heat requires an extra heating plant. Forced air allows you to do the whole job with only one plant.

In the New England region of the US, it doesn't get all that hot during the summer, so it is more common to find hot water heating systems, and just a fan for the summer.

In the southern US, heating in the winter is just a theory, so they use forced air cooling, and a heat pump, or resistive baseboard, to take the chill off at night.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Well, that's just what I meant. When the primary heat source is a central furnace then in the Western US that typically means rushing air, the occasional hacking cough etc. Our house has radiant heat pipes but some #*&^!! i...t cut the pipes off so short that they can't easily be hooked up again. In the Eastern US you find radiators but sometimes it's a rather wasteful steam heater.

When the primary heat source is a wood stove then the air is quiet. No hacking coughs. Provided that you know how to burn wood without any visible smoke from the stack, which some folks unfortunately don't.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Linux also contains dosemu, that is probably better at running old DOS software then Wine. At least you will have less overhead, and an easier time debuggin.

Albert van der Horst

Greetings,

The following is a link to a new, bare, 5 ISA slot motherboard. Price: $5.95.

(Home page:

Need I continue?

Cordially, Richard Kanarek

Not affiliated with BG Micro except as an occasional (satisfied) customer.

Reply to
Richard Kanarek