Old radio shack project box

Ratshack usd to stock a project box that was about 4" x 4" x 3" tall.

The bottom front and back is gray clored aluminum sheet bent into the shape of a U. The top and sides are blacked aluminum with air vent slots in the sides.

Anyone know which box I'm talking about?

where else I can get this or a similar box?

Reply to
mook Johnson
Loading thread data ...

I have a bunch that are about the same size, and are GC (General Cement?) as I recall. Mine came from one of the local wholesale houses about 15 years ago. How many do you need? I can't look for them until Monday.


Reply to
Don Bowey

Digikey HM322-ND.

regards PN2222A

Reply to

That's an aluminum utility box from Hammond. Hammond does make some things that are sort of like the old Radio Shack cabs the OP was asking about, but not identical: The Hammond 1454 series is steel top and bottom, one end is sloped, and without ventilation slots.

What the OP was asking about is more similar (in fact I think it's identical) to the Mouser/EPD 40UB102 or 40UB103.


Reply to
Tim Shoppa

ElectronDepot website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.