Transparent lid project box?

20 years ago I bought a plastic project box with a grey non-transparent "box" and a transparent screw-down "lid". Size was about 6" x 4" x 3" high. The transparent lid was 6" x 4". It was a really nice box, had brass inserts for the the screws holding down the lid etc., guides for PCB, etc.

I'm looking for a similar box today.

I'm mainly looking to avoid drilling a buncha holes for LED's.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Depending on what it is, and I suppose whether this is a single unit or not, you could simply hack out part of a metal or plastic box and install a piece of plexiglass. I did this for something years ago, it was easy to cut out the plastic from a Radio Shack box, with the leds mounted on the circuit board and this window making it nice and visible when the unit was on.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

The last time I bought something like that it was classed as a "Plastic NEMA box". You might find it here if you want to jump through their hoops:

Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Nothing that large. All Electronics has a polycarbonate, clear case *and* clear lid. 4.71" x 2.55" x 1.57" high "Threaded integral brass bushings. Screws included." made by Hammond Mfg. cat# 1591-CTCL $5.95

Also, identical to above except transluscent BLUE case & lid (#1591-CTBU) or transparent RED case & lid (#1591-CTRD)

I got one of the red cases (the red is dark, "ruby") on close-out from somewhere else a year or two ago, specifically so that 7-seg LED display would show without my having to hack the case.

Reply to
Michael