Old FESTO PLC tool problem.

We have a FESTO 2020 PLC that lost it's program.

We have the software tools and a working FESTO PLC that we can get the program from..

The problem we are facing is, the Tools are DOS based, which isn't a problem, we have a full understanding of STL (FST) etc

The issue is, this tool package is so cryptic in use that we are not sure on the proper functions to select..

We have the option of "DOWN LOADING", loading a file, importing files, modules, creating projects, loading projects etc..

It appears that we may have the source for the PLC in need on file how ever, ever time I attempt to load it, I only get a dialog box indicating "No data" and [ESC] option..

I can create a project, open the editor, put in some functional code, etc...but as far as putting that on disk or in the PLC seems to be failing with a "No Data" message, Maybe the PLC is dead..?

Can some one with some experience give me a basic menu step on what I need to do for extracting and existing program and putting it into the FESTO PLC ?

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie