plc

who`s he ??????

Reply to
Steve Butler

OK. just tell me all you know about everthing else, (including grammar).

--

Cheers ......... Rheilly P

Where theres a will, I want to be in it.
Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Hmmmm... it's that smell of Google groups and gmail again !

To Mr praptr....

If one day you learn how to string words to gether so as to make a coherent sentence and choose to use this skill to explain yourself in more detail you might find it elicits a more helpful response.

Do you by any chance mean programmable logic controllers btw ? I'm sure Google can help you.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Succinct and to the point.

Assuming you're talking about Programmable Logic Controllers (industrial computers with a built-in sequential programming language like ladder logic and inputs and outputs which can be directly wired to machines), you're looking at the wrong newsgroup. Try sci.engr.control for more information.

Any use of PLCs assumes you know about basic industrial electrics, and how to safely wire and power up things to make them work. If you don't, learn that first. Be safe.

Just off the top, if you're starting from scratch, you should just get one and play with it. Many manufacturers of small PLCs make intro packages which will allow you to set up a working PLC with a PC-based programming environment for a couple hundred dollars. Automationdirect.com, Omron, and other manufacturers make these kits.

The manufacturers provide massive amounts of data on their websites. Before you buy, get a couple of catalogs and read them carefully.

PLCs are easy, fairly straightforward ways to get automation projects working. Just jump in, the water's fine. And if you're starting out with a small application (a few sensors, a few relay outputs, nothing millisecond time-critical), you can just throw your learning kit into the machine and, in effect, get a free self-taught education.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

"praptr" wrote in news:1152604144.198640.138890@