offset voltage in Isolation amplifier

I use isolation amplifier (ISO124). Input signal is +/-10 V analog voltage. I get considerable offset voltage in the output. That offset voltage increases with increase in input voltage. Since its a isolation amplifier, how to nullify offset voltage???

Reply to
TeChSaVvY

Then it's not offset voltage, it's a gain error (perhaps with an offset voltage added to it). Unless I misunderstand what you are saying here.

That part has REALLY crummy DC specs. As much as +/-50mV Vos with

2mV/V change vs the supply, and 200uV/K drift. The gain error is pretty small. Given that, you can null it at the input or the output with about equally bad results.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

With applied 0V input 20 mV is at output. As soon as I increase input voltage, that 20 mv offset inreases accordingly. I dont want that 20 mv(offset?) at output.

Reply to
TeChSaVvY

Just tack an op-amp at the input or output and add a small adjustable (eg. trimpot) +/- offset voltage to the input or output. See any introductory book on op-amps. The details depend on what power supplies you have available and other things. I'd be inclined to work with the output, all other things being equal, if the input voltage will always be in the 10V range.