NXP BSS83 discontinued

Good idea. If everybody does that, they might change their minds. ;)

Cheers

Phil "Hoarder of BF862s" Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Do you think that the 862 is threatened with EOL? Or are you merely/justifiably paranoid?

A dozen reels might be a better investment than .com stocks.

I wonder what the original applications were, and what they are now. I can't imagine that these were ever designed into cell phones or smoke detectors or anything high volume like that.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

BTW Newark has them on sale at the moment--14 cents in any quantity. Just bought another reel.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Well, that's better than hoarding, say, used military vehicles.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

They say "AM Radio". I'm aiming to have ~50k of them eventually, which ought to cover lifetime production of anything I'm likely to design. I'd hoard pHEMTs, BFP640s, BFU520s, and HFA3xxx arrays as well, but they're too expensive. Maybe if my latest gizmo flies. (It's a 2x resolution enhancement for solid immersion microscopes used in failure analysis, based on some work I did 20+ years ago. Got the software running on Saturday--I should have pictures by the Fourth, God willing.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Jeeps in Cosmoline? ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

There's a guy around Sacramento who collects tanks.

NIMBY!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Exactly the opposite I expect. They recognize the source of the order surge and that it will virtually guarantee that subsequent orders will be nearly nil.

--

Rick
Reply to

Yeah, but that's not really hoarding, is it? I mean, it's not hoarding until you have a lot more than everyone else, right?

--

Rick
Reply to

Yes, I thought about that, but too late - the date for last orders was last December, and the distributors mostly have run out. The local element14 still has another 55 left, but since I will stop designing them into things, maybe I should leave those for someone who needs them more than I do. Also, littlediode.com claims to be able to supply 3135, but they charge $4.44 each.

I have just over 100 in stock for my own experimentation, which could be a lifetime supply provided I don't design them into anything new for customers.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Groan! (pretty good joke actually)

Reply to
David Eather

features.

I was also not very happy with end of the BSS83 production.

But I found similar pin compatible component Calogic SST213. The capacity and voltages seems be same like BSS83 only on-resistance is slightly higher. And Calogic deliver only 2500pcs with price around 0.8USD.

Screw

Would a BSD22 do? Looks very similar.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

Thanks!

Reply to
Chris Jones

Yes, it looks similar, but where do you buy that? I found an old datasheet but it is not on NXP's website any more.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Sigh, yes, I found that out some time after I'd posted my comment. It was a nice part. I still have a reel and I'm not going to part with it.

Sorry.

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
jeroen Belleman

Did you guys notice that BSD22 is a _DEPLETION_ mode device? That makes it even more a rarity...

*  KSI@home    KOI8 Net  < >  The impossible we do immediately.  *
*  Las Vegas   NV, USA   < >  Miracles require 24-hour notice.   *
Sergey Kubushyn

Hm, no I missed that. Very unusual.

Reply to
Chris Jones

Aha!

BTW, there is a seller from Germany on Ebay right now who sells BSD22 in lots of 50 for less than 4 euros per lot and has more than 10 lots for sell. I bought 10 lots couple of days ago. Didn't get those yet but hope they will be OK.

Usual disclaimer -- I have nothing to do with that seller, just happened to buy stuff from him and didn't even receive yet so I don't even know if I'm a happy customer so far :)