Things are looking up?

I just got the interim financial report from the company where I used to work. They made a reasonable profit in the first half of this year compared to a loss last year. They have lifted the salary feeze they imposed a while back and expect to lift the recruitment feeze soon too.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Listening to BBC R2 on my way to work today morning, I caught a phrase that "70% consider the business climate has worsened in the last 5 years". Tax increase was named one of the reasons.

[ We are talking of the UK, right? ]

Vadim

Reply to
Vadim Borshchev

There's a lot of lost ground to make up. On Saturday ATI had a hardware/software job fair. They expected 600 to show up. They had thousands lined up outside across the front of the building and down the side for hours. Some were students looking for an entry position but most of the crowd were experienced people. Oh yeah, it was cold especially if you were wearing a light suit and no hat like many of them.

Reply to
Anonymous Coward

Yes but I expect trends in our (embedded) industry are reflected in much of the western world.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell