Things are looking up?

I just got the interim financial report from the company where I used to
work.  They made a reasonable profit in the first half of this year
compared to a loss last year.  They have lifted the salary feeze they
imposed a while back and expect to lift the recruitment feeze soon too.

Ian

Re: Things are looking up?

Listening to BBC R2 on my way to work today morning, I caught a phrase that
"70% consider the business climate has worsened in the last 5 years".  Tax
increase was named one of the reasons.

[ We are talking of the UK, right? ]

  Vadim

Re: Things are looking up?

Yes but I expect trends in our (embedded) industry are reflected in much of
the western world.

Ian

Re: Things are looking up?

There's a lot of lost ground to make up.  On Saturday ATI had a
hardware/software job fair.  They expected 600 to show up.  They had
thousands lined up outside across the front of the building and down the
side for hours.  Some were students looking for an entry position but most
of the crowd were experienced people. Oh yeah, it was cold especially if
you were wearing a light suit and no hat like many of them.

Site Timeline