NIne year old EE ?

I was 7 when my father allowed me to connect a 240V socket with a bit of

2-core flex to a bayonet light socket. I still remember sitting on the kitchen step being frustrated with having twisted the stranded wire and wrapped it the wrong way around the screws, so they got pushed out again. And the pleasure when it worked and I could turn the globe on and off.

Mum was fretting, but Dad had told me not to plug it in until all the copper was safely screwed in and hidden behind the Bakelite covers, so he know the worst I could do is to blow a fuse. Afterwards I spoke with Mum and was like "you don't really know much about electricity, do you Mum?"

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

In what way is a "county mile" different from a city mile?

Reply to
John S

** No Google on your PC?

No imagination in your f***ed brain ?

No answer needed.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You could have explained that you meant "country mile"...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Like many others here, I also played with 240V, and I was younger than

  1. After the first shock I was very careful indeed. I was at least taught to keep one hand behind my back.

I am glad that RCDs are now common.

Reply to
Chris Jones

I was not a genius but was soldering at that age. Against the will of my mom who thought that soldering irons are too dangerous in the hands of kids.

Oh-oh, then a meat processing plant and I broke that rule half a century ago. That was hard work but they paid the most. Later, a cold rolled steel plant.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

LOL

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

At that age , an orange peel and two wires with high voltage Move one wire slowly, it leaves sparkling trace behind. Lots of fun(dont tell your parents).

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

This is 2019, he won't be playing around with 'lectricity, all the labs will be based on Arduino and probably powered by batteries.

And he's not going into EE. He's advancing to medical school next, and from there into medical research.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred