Nickel plated polyimide--where to get?

Aluminized mylar is almost as common as dirt, available in various reflectance/transmission ratios. I assume that the conductivity is too much where there *is* conductivity to begin with. I am making a wild guess that gold films on mylar are worse for conductivity even tho thinner films would retain integrity. So..sounds like you need to find company that can "nickelize" mylar or kapton, and is willing to do so on a sample basis. Maybe a pitch to bend them your way.."if you do this sample for me, i will make you the exclusive contractor for ((fill in reasonable info without disclosing farm)).

Reply to
Robert Baer

William Sommerwerck schrieb:

Hello,

it will be possible to get a nickel layer on the polyiimide if you start galvanic plating with very low currents and the gradually increase it. But the problem is the poor fixation of the nickel layer to the polyimide. The normal pcb material uses a special glue for the fixation of the copper foil to the base material.

Bye

Reply to
Uwe Hercksen

to repeat martin brown, try a bowl of electroless nickel. If you're not familiar with the technique, maybe google.

Hul

Reply to
dbr

It isn't that simple to make it stick. Activating the surface needs chromic acid and stuff like that. I want to throw money at this, not spend a week reinventing the wheel.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs