nice extrusion

Does anybody recognize this extrusion? It's really nice looking.

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Hammond makes some nice cases:

Check out Extruded Aluminum Enclosures R250 or 1455 series. Not the same as yours, but rather nice.

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

I think JL knows about Hammond extruded boxes--he's probably shipped

10k+ of them. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The Hammond boxes are a tad klunky. We have to rework them to keep metal shavings (from the weird self-tapping screws) out of our gear.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Looks similar to Bud Industries EXT-9162 or EXT-9163

DemonicTubes

It might be a Hammond part, or a Chinese equivalent.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

if you want similar this is a good store to look at (also on alibarba)

eg:

Send them a pic and the measurements and they will send back what they have that is similar. There are quite a few options (finish color, length) available off the shelf. For larger orders they will customize the box.

Disclaimer. I have no financial or any other interest in this company. They were just really good when I dealt with them.

I have no finacial

David Eather

Or a custom extrusion. Soft tools aren't all that expensive. I've had them made for low hundreds of prototypes.

Reply to
krw

Just noticed this on the way out. About 800 Hammond boxes.

We really should do our own extrusions.