Nice boxes for keeping project parts together

I just ordered another 8 each of these:

The lids are at

These things are indestructible, very attractive, and stack very well. Plus they're made onshore and don't smell of plasticizer. Make sure you get the real Carlisle ones and not the knockoffs.

I have probably 40 of them already.

Highly recommended.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

anti-static?

Reply to
RobertMacy

You can get them in stainless steel for a couple of bucks more:

But most of the stuff I keep in them is already in antistatic packaging if needed.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I use white cardboard "Indestructo" mailers- 11" high x 4" x 8" deep (inside dimensions) from Uline. They fit on shelf units like binders, and I print out a "spine" label that has a title and a decent photo of the project for instant recognition. They fit on a shelf unit like binders. They don't hold all the stuff for every project, but most or all for most projects.

One nice thing is that they come flat and can stay flat until they're needed (and take only seconds to pop up).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Those look pretty good too, although you can't see what's inside, and they wouldn't take anything like the same punishment. (Life is a bit hectic round here at the moment--I may start tossing them around like the chimpanzees in the old Samsonite commercials.) (*)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(*) Yes, they were full-grown chimpanzees and not gorillas.

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They're for all the completed projects that have accumulated.

The active ones tend to get spread out all over the place, with most of the parts in a courier box or two.

Curious:-

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I have a few cheap knockoffs. (I didn't realize that they were knockoffs until now.)

destructo-Mailers

I have a ton of these in all sizes. They're the cheapest option of all (free) because many of my vendors use them to ship parts to me.

Yes, one needs to label them.

--

Don Kuenz
Reply to

If you have a Costco business center, you can get them there.

Reply to
miso

On a sunny day (Wed, 02 Apr 2014 19:44:09 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

Wow you payed real money, look on how I store those projects and parts:

I buy the icecream and get the boxes for free. There are more....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yup, about $10 per project. Maybe 0.1% of the total cost, if the project is a small one. They really are beautiful, so it's well worth it to me.

If I ate enough ice cream to accumulate dozens of 8-quart boxes, my arms would be too short to reach my bench. ;)

Besides, over here ice cream doesn't come in sturdy reusable containers--it's usually in paper tubs. Some of the snow-cone type institutional ice cream used to come in plastic pails, but to eat that stuff, you've got to really want to.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Only thing I noted is the lid you posted won't fit the containers you posted. So if you buy any, don't just click, click, because you won't get what you want. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

They're all 1/2 pan size, which is a standard. If you look at the "companion items" on the pan pages, you'll find that exact lid.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

In that case, you could use the plastic containers with lids that Safeway uses for their Organic lettuce line. Not as robust, not as large, but sit side by side closer and have that very attractive price - FREE and contents good for you. ;)

Reply to
RobertMacy

Yes, I'm sure they have the proper lids, just didn't want someone order from your links and get lids that don't fit. I don't know what 1/2 pan size means, just wanted possible purchasers to note, the container measures 20 3/4 x 12 3/4 and the lid on you link is

12 3/4 x 10 3/8. Just trying to be helpful as you are. :-) Mikek
Reply to
amdx

heck I just use 99 cent walmart shoe boxes for what that's worth.

Reply to
mkr5000

The length dimension is in error--probably a cut-n-paste from a full size pan. A pan as large as quoted that would hold about 20 litres, not

9 quarts.

Good catch though--I want you at my next design review!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On a sunny day (Thu, 03 Apr 2014 08:18:33 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

Oh, that is also gov media manipulation, obesity is set by genes really, I buy a box like that every week, or sometimes every 2 weeks, and eat it too. and I am thin. These guys make very nice icecream, glow ball worming makes you want it more, was working in the garden today, mowing grass, HOT! in April..

Strange, anyways these are great boxes, and filled with icecream they are still cheaper than your empty ones :-) I just checked, bought a new box today, 2 Euro 99 cents, that should be about 4 USD ($).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's on account of all the tapeworms. Trust me, if I ate like that, I would _not_ be thin.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

On a sunny day (Thu, 03 Apr 2014 11:54:28 -0400) it happened Phil Hobbs wrote in :

Well its you genes.... Theory .. I have camped out in the wild with just some beans, water from a stream, ate hardly anything, and I was just as thin as I am now. They (the media) torture fatter people by denying them food (somw idiot in NY is now forbidding big sugar containing drinks?), making a bad image of them, it is all sales, stupidity, and bullshit. The tapeworms probably went for my old tape archiv, would explain why I had to copy it all to optical (your expertise!) media. :-) And politics, they need -anything_ to do (the wrong thing). been eating them icecream (from those) boxes since the eighties... :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

None of those things are big enough for reels. ;-) ...just shipped two 16"x16"X10" boxes to our CM for my next build. ...and that's only half the parts (they already had the others from previous builds).

Reply to
krw