Newly released chips

Where can I go (if anywhere) to see a simple, comprehensive list of new chips that have been released by manufacturers? Perhaps updated on a weekly or daily basis?

I've looked at some of the magazine sites like EDN or Electronic products but what info they have is hard to find and not really in a simple "new chips" format. (If anything like that exists).

Something on the web somewhere maybe? Like a one page "here they are" ?

I do get emails from TI etc but that's a lot of email to go through.

Reply to
mkr5000

Why do you need to know every IC that is new, surely a lot of IC's won't be relivent to your applications.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

or just maybe a new chip creates an application?

or --

"latest and greatest" before I create an application?

Reply to
mkr5000

Most of the manufacturers have a "what's new" section of their web site, but they are all different. Some call it "press releases." I hit most of the relevant ones (LTC, Analog, TI, On, Fairchild, etc) at least once a month to see what's going on.

Somebody could do a web site that summarized all new IC selections, sorted by function, and maybe make a little money selling links.

John

There ya go.

I've thought of that as well -- sure would be convenient.

May look into myself some weekend.

Reply to
mkr5000

I bet some semi manufacturers would pay you a penny a click or some such, and you could have links to distributors who stock the parts, ditto. Plus the usual google click things.

The trick would be to produce a professional looking, credible demo and business plan and convince a few majors to sign up. A thing like this needs critical mass.

Or do it for free initially, get a lot of traffic, and then ask for pay-per-click. Add some content too, like featured parts, reviews, links to appnotes, whatever. I'd love a site like this.

Ooh... the killer feature that would multiply your traffic tenfold: bug reports.

John

Most of the "new" chips are not available anyhow, so such a list would be totally useless.

Stuff that DOES exist is best found through

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

Most semis are available when announced, and samples are usually available before the public announcment. Exceptions are usually big-time digital stuff, like FPGAs and Intel chips.

Not very useful for seeing what's new.

John

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

You'd need a simple and catchy URL to start, for instance: Tomshardware rfcafe engineerstoolbox etc....

Siliconcentral would be good, but its taken.

TheChipSite would work. A little Hokey, but whatever.

Martin Riddle

NuChip?

ChipsAhoy? (cookies required)

John

Chips 'r' Us.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

..yes...hate those moths in the relay contacts..

Reply to
Robert Baer

How do you differentiate between real products and vapourware ?

Some manufacturers seem to release a large number of chips on a weekly basis, often with very preliminary data in the data sheet.

It appears that they wait if this product generates enough interest in order to actually start making wafers :-).

Reply to
Paul Keinanen

Umm... Don, it's one of the main reasons why we engineers spend a bit of our $$$ time reading trade magazines. Not only do new devices enable new products and designs, but they may suggest related novel ideas and illuminate market trends. Ignoring this stuff is even more $$$$, of course.

I'm sure you appreciate that it helps dissipate the dark and dank "gu" in favor of the bright "ru". ;-)

Aside, perhaps, from companies like M*x*m, availability vs. press release date is typically timed so that a current design-in won't be a problem-- often samples have been available for some time already to important customers, typically under NDA.

For the purchasing guys/gals that could be a useful site, like findchips, octopart and other similar sites. Not of very much use for designers except to confirm low-quantity availability. So far, AFAICT, none of those websites seems to index the manufacturer's direct sales sites. That's one of the better ways to get the really high-end analog etc. chips from outfits such as LTC. And, unfortunately, no Asian disties, just domestic North American and sometimes European.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

What we see lately is manufacturers and their reps practically forcing samples on us, generally with eval boards.

We just got that package on the new TI integrated switching regulators, the tall dpak-type things that have inductors and everything inside, similar to the LTC gadgets.

John

Why do you need to know about every IC????

When I do design for a customer.... I give only enough information as necessary to the local distributors and they tell me what chips are relevant for the application and they do the work can come back with suggested offerings. Less work for me.

The local distributors get to know what I'm interested in and target me specifically with new parts that are generally relevant to my applications.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

news: snipped-for-privacy@j31g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...

on

won't=20

relevant=20

applications.

That is the smart way to work. Good interpersonal relationships so that = your=20 suppliers happily do useful work for you (in reasonable hope of getting = sales).

Reply to
JosephKK