I can see it coming

Somebody has developed a very cheap chip to control lights via wireless over mains wiring. Now I can see this being integrated in each CFL light bulb, and LED light bulb. Each bulb will have a unique IPV6 address...

As CFL and LED last so long, new ones need to be sold, and that will happen with this new feature. The GOVERNMENT will be able to remotely control your lights, as in homeland security 'for your safety' to darken things at night against alien air attacks, to save energy, and of course you will have a small remote that you will have to carry everywhere to control the home media centre that controls these lights.

Copyright Jan Panteltje 2009-always. Nothing from this may be used without mentioning the source. Winner of the Panteltje innovation award 2009.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

mains wiring.

Right, in who's dreams?

Uh, right, in who's dreams?

What will happen?

There, republished without crediting the original troll!

Yet another post that brings to mind the old saying "Never drink and post at teh same time!"

Reply to
PeterD

On a sunny day (Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:48:12 -0500) it happened PeterD wrote in :

mains wiring.

Yo uare sooo retarded, spelling sucks. I guess, GOVERNMENT will also use it to switch of light early, and heating too, to increase the population growth. More birth are needed as clearly changes of humanity going extinct are clear from your reply.

It will go extinct anyways, so why not have some fun now.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Oh ! In that case don't shop in "Asda" !

Its coming !

Yes ! You'll have to take more water with it ! :-)

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

mains wiring.

And a hacker could bring down the power grid.

--
John
Reply to

On a sunny day (Thu, 05 Mar 2009 16:05:01 -0600) it happened John O'Flaherty wrote in : And a hacker could bring down the power grid.

Yes, any time :-) That is nothing new. A bit organised army of enough people could do it by plugging in the fridges at exactly hh:mm. Security is an illusion, but it is also big business.

The thing about all the security on Internet, from Vista to whatever, is not about security, it is about sales.

And crime in the US makes me wonder, US seems to be the country with the most percentage of people behind bars. Now I was wondering if it gets to be some more, who is free? The one on this side or the one on the other side of the bars? And will it hold?

LOL Sign of times.

From time to time, it seems, civilisation collapses. That must a be natural thing, so all the crap can go and reality reign again.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

mains wiring.

bulb.

Nice point. That applies to the coming 'smart grid' too. Should be a nice contract for Windoesn't 7.0/Power grid Edition.

James Arthur

Reply to
James Arthur

Most free to f**k up, I suppose.

Reply to
Charles

On a sunny day (Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:32:46 GMT) it happened James Arthur wrote in :

mains wiring.

bulb.

Sure, that will happen (Murphys's law, if it can go wrong, then it will). But for _control_ it is important that a government can selectively switch off lights and / or heating, and for example leave the fridges and other life support stuff for for example disabled on. It is the selectivity that makes muscle. From an energy saving POV to be able to switch off all lights with more then say 25 W in all households, (except of course politicians) after a given time, makes an interesting 'tool'. It can even be used to punish people, not jail, but reduced energy... Only limited by the imagination, and it is up to us electronic-ans to realise all that LOL.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

And I for one know enough glassblowing to be able to bypass it. I just bought some neon electrodes, tungsten wire, kovar wire, and dumet. I've got vacuum to 10^-8 in the basement. I've got argon and krypton. Bring on the IP bulbs, I will sell the handcrafted bootleg bulbs!

Steve

Reply to
osr

On a sunny day (Fri, 6 Mar 2009 06:08:23 -0800 (PST)) it happened snipped-for-privacy@uakron.edu wrote in :

Maybe NASA can lend you one of their space suits?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

10^-8? Pffbt, I bet you could get that down to at least 10^-12 if you hooked it up to AlwaysWrong's head. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

10^-8? Pffbt, I bet you could get that down to at least 10^-12 if you hooked it up to AlwaysWrong's head. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

10^-8? Pffbt, I bet you could get that down to at least 10^-12 if you hooked it up to AlwaysWrong's head. ;-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Cool, can you make handcrafted LED lamps? Maybe fluorescents?

Reply to
JosephKK