Newest Toy

They're competing in an old, mature commodirty market with pretty small margin, so it's pretty hard to convince people to buy new shop equipment unless you can convince them of a significant benefit -- not getting sued for millions of dollars is perhaps the only thing many shop owners would listen to!

Agreed, they should have a "dial up" option.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

They use diamond router bits for edging granite, once saw a guy using one with a garden hose to supply cooling and lubrication. Also seen a guy successfully route the edges on a 4 inch thick aluminium slab with a handheld router: very, very slowly and with lots of lubrication.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Hi Mark,

Not quite the same thing. The router bit I was talking about is solid tungsten carbide, and is cut with diamond shaped facets. It is sort of like a round version of a bastard cut file.

The granite guy was certainly using a diamond abrasive cutting tool. Granite eats tools for breakfast.

Routers have a tendency to self feed, and when they take a big bite, they want to take another, and another, and pretty soon, they have jerked their way out of your hands. They are best used with soft materials, and using tools that can only take a very small bite with each revolution.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

I can't exactly remember. IIRC they rattled a little bit ago. Joe Huge proctical problem: the entropy source thay are discussing is available to guests (without login) at a few datasheets I don't see a problem. Also some solenoids used on AC will actually get HOTTER if the plunger doesnt pull in.

The bit that happens to me, I usually rely on Rosy and her five lovely daughters.. ;-) Cheers! Rich peak inverse voltage. forgot to mention. (Used those nice TEK ceramic strips from the old 500 series,too bad they aren't made any more,they were handy for dummy loads.) Yes.

I'm just being a troll's advocate. (Personally, I think guns should only be permitted to trained members of the cat family. in mating season or protecting their young can be equally dangerous - ie deer or moose. I'm sure there are atleast a million ways to make the modulation so small that the system you are running is not trusted, i.e. some malware (rootkits, keyloggers, etc) is running on the test bench. [SHAMELESS PLUG] DaqGen is the signal generator portion of the UVA spectrum (roughly 315-340 or 315-330 nm) is fairly well blocked and UVB and shorter wavelength UV are . - Don Klipstein () Do you run red light just because you feel like sharing the SM - you could post the contents list and authors? The Descent got a UK release last year and it was pretty good.

Reply to
Aristotle Eisenglas