RS-232 receptacle

I would like to buy a RS-232 (DB-9 serial port) receptacle that I can mount on a panel. That's to make a device that would be able to be connected to a PC via serial cable. I suspect that I am not looking for proper terms, anyone know what they are called? Thanks

Reply to
Ignoramus14534

That would be a DB-9F (panel mount).

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

They are called "D-Subminature" connectors. Cannon, who invented the series, calls the 9 pin version a DE-9. The second letter is the shell size - for standard density, the E shell holds 9 pins, A is 15, B is 25, C is 37 and D is 50.

The connectors are now made by manufacturers in many configurations. They should be available from any electronics distributor.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Thanks. I searched for db9 on digikey and found item 2709F-ND, seems to be good enuf.

Ignoramus14534

It would be a DE-9, but searching for D-sub connector might help. You also need to decide what connection scheme you want (solder cup, IDC etc.)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On 23 Jun 2006 08:32:59 -0700 in sci.electronics.design, "Luhan" wrote,

More likely a DE-9F

Reply to
David Harmon