NEW 1 WATT RED APOLLO LED BEATS LUXEON STAR (?)

I've only seen a pole transformer in some rural backwater. None in towns or cities here that I am aware of.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at Neopax

Yep, there are a lot of benefits for the buried utilities, but since you have to dig through and under the right of way to bury the conduits. In an established neighborhood that means cutting trees (a big no-no) burrowing under roads, getting access to peoples land for big trucks, etc. If it was easy, they would do it, cause it would save them money.

Also, even though the cable is pulled through conduit, and into sealed manholes and underground vaults, they STILL get water, gas, and rodents in them. There are always some leaks, and holes, so you have to build everything like it will be installed underwater. But it does work!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Edmondson

In message , Charlie Edmondson writes

Uk is mostly buries utilities. I dont understand why hollow sidewalks/pavement areas are not universal to provide quick access. Here we are always digging then up

--
dd
Reply to

Security