negative hex

please check, you may be mistaken about the area of a circle...

Jure Z.

Reply to
Jure Newsgroups

Yep, a little victory for myself along those lines- I wrote, tweaked, compiled and linked some assembly routines directly into a QuickBasic library. Now I can have my favorite functions in my favorite HLL, with only half loss of my hair! :-D

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

PowerBasic compiles to real .exe's, so it's pretty fast. And it allows immediate, inline assembly, so there's no hassle linking things into libraries. An asm routine can just refer to a Basic variable by name.

John

Rich Wadsworth? He didn't want to hire me when I applied for a job at Cushman and later at TFT in the 1970's. He decided that I was incompetent because I didn't use a Smith Chart. I still don't use a Smith Chart as I prefer to do my matching the long way. A bad habit, I guess, but it was apparently fatal in job interviews. We met later a few times when he was starting SSI but only briefly. I think he currently lives in nearby Watsonville CA, but I'm not sure.

I also have several of his designs (CE-6a, SSI/Wavetek 3000b) which are umm..... "unique" in their way of doing things. I'll be uncharacteristically nice and not rant on their shortcomings, especially the documentation.

Are we talking about the same person? I didn't know his middle initial as he always signed drawings as R.W.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I checked. Same name, different person. Sorry.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Yup. I can do that with FreeBasic (I think). Inline assembly at least (and

32 bit, no less). The QuickBasic COMMON statement is complementary to the assembly EXTERN.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Well hell. My spell checker don't catch it and i had not been reminded of the distinction for more than 20 years.

Reply to
JosephKK

Petty cool, but i want 64 bit now. Every production PC processor that i know of (including PPC and SPARC) has done 64 bit for years.

Reply to
JosephKK

Mere US dollars. Eventually i will get to that equivalence.

Reply to
JosephKK

You have made your choices and still are reasonably happy. More power to you.

Reply to
JosephKK

I already have a stack. How about a mailing address to sent them to.

Reply to
JosephKK

So i misplaced a factor or two. This usenet, use at your own risk.

Reply to
JosephKK

I know the guy working on QB64. It's coming along ...very slowly. :^)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

(grin)

Jure Z.

Reply to
Jure Newsgroups

Oh, our products can do negative amplitudes, too. You can set the full-scale output of a channel to be 4 volts "3Amplitude 4.0" or -5 volts "6Amplitude -5". Negative amplitude flips along the Y axis; negative frequency flips along T.

Fun.

John

Cheers! Rich

Reply to