metric hex keys - source of TRUE 1.3 mm hex keys, not .050 American

sci.electronics.design metric hex keys

I'm looking for a source of 1.3 mm hex keys. Unfortunantly american sellers ship .050 keys when 1.3 mm (.005118) is ordered ("industry practice you know"). What the americans ship only work for a day or two. Anyone reccomend a european distributer of hex keys who will ship small orders of to the US? 100 keys would be the probable order but that's still pretty small.

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

tirsdag den 16. marts 2021 kl. 00.04.49 UTC+1 skrev Hul Tytus:

?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Wiha and Wera are widely distributed in the US.

Here is a set on Amazon that includes 1.3 mm:

.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

McMaster-Carr thinks 1.27mm and 1.4mm are standard Metric sizes. If you really want 1.3, to fit some particular screws, you could hand-tune some larger ones down to fit snugly... just figure out how many licks of a diamond hone to apply to a 1.4 (or, maybe electroplate some 1.27s?)

Or, buy a new batch of fasteners with easier-to-fit heads.

Reply to
whit3rd

If it doesn't have to be European, and you don't mind lots of fifty, try

Years ago, our shop needed some wrench size (9/64?) in a dozen places, and we only had one 'set'... so I bought a box of 'em, scattered a dozen in places we used that size, and gave the rest to the machine shop we worked with. I no longer see a lot of options to buy one size in bulk, in the US.

Reply to
whit3rd

A quick look found this:

John S

Found another:

If I'm understanding their page, you get 10 for $1.03 so 10 packages gets you 100 for $10.30.

Reply to
John S

Yes, but Elkind (and Bondhus) both use 1.27 mm for their 1.3 mm hex keys so won't work for the OP. Don't know about the NAPA brand. Any chance you can switch to a Torx or some other drive, or are those screws even more unobtanium?

Reply to
Carl

You can get Wera screwdriver style hex keys for < $8 ea. Even on Amazon.

Reviews on the German amazon site are postive.

I've been happy with every Wera tool I've bought.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Changing to another type such as torx is probably not feasable. It would likely require test & remaking wrenches & and making new screws. The 1.3 mm hexkeys are for custom make shoulder screws.

Hul

Carl snipped-for-privacy@yyveriz> > > >> sci.electronics.design

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Thanks Lasse. I'll give them a try.

Hul

Lasse Langwadt Christensen snipped-for-privacy@f> tirsdag den 16. marts 2021 kl. 00.04.49 UTC+1 skrev Hul Tytus:

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Spehro - I've seen the Were tools but whats needed is the bare hex rod or the bare hex rod that's been bent into a L shape.

Hul

Spehro Pefhany snipped-for-privacy@> > >sci.electronics.design

Reply to
Hul Tytus

Or don't use commie fasterners with stupid sizes.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I always pick a dumb sized hex key for my custom fasteners.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

RS stocks a Facom key

to add one to my next order and send it to you to see if it meets your needs, if you like.

Reply to
JM

JM - many thanks. I've been trying to reach RS via phone but I havn't the number right yet. If that fails, your aid would be much appreciated. The RS# 794-7903 (FACOM #82H.1,3) is precisely (and hopefully) what I'm looking for.

Hul

JM snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Hul Tytus