Need simple Programmer fpr PIC12FXXX

and

What about the PICkit-1? Does what you want and is $36 at Microchip or Digikey.

Reply to
FTI1983

Hi there

I would need a simple programmer fpr PIC12F629 and other PIC12xxx.

I found several for about 160 USD. I cannot find a solution like IC-Prog and JDM.

There seem to be two problems:

1.) Supply-Voltage control must be Vpp first 2.) Oscillator-configuration must be read out and preserved.

I would like to have something like JDM, It would be even enough to have a ICSP plug, cause I want to develop a test-board which will host the ZIF....

Any ideas?

Regards

Alexander

Reply to
Alexander

Hi,

Have a look at this site -

There is a simple homebrew PIC programmer in the "PIC Projects" section that handles the 12F629 and a lot more besides. The driver program is free and his PIC emulator is just $19.

I have no connection with him, just a satisfied user of the software.

Cheers - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

Sorry, that should read 'PIC simulator' NOT 'PIC emulator'.

A different beast entirely.

Cheers - Joe

Reply to
Joe McElvenney

I'd highly recommend the new PICkit 2 instead. It supports a lot more parts. Also, it has a USB bootloader on it with self reprogrammability. As a result, it can be reprogrammed in the future to support even more PICs. If you're careful, you could develop code to run directly on the PIC18F2550 in the PICKit 2 programmer and make it into something else which might be useful. For the programmer without the demo board, it costs a dollar or two less than the PICkit 1 as well.

Reply to
Howard Henry Schlunder

get yourself a serious programmer. pickit-1, pickit-2, ICD2 or a clone, my Wisp628, a DIY (kitsrus) programmer, a WARP, EsayProg, etc.

Wouter van Ooijen

Webshop for PICs and other electronics
Teacher electronics and informatics

Reply to