MY FAMILY CAN'T SLEEP DUE TO ULTRASONIC SOUND

So a secret organization exists yet is unmasked on a web-site with drawings by a two-year-old on it. Why not look at a site debunking this myth, or does that not fit your preconceived ideas?

If you really believe the crap on that site, look at the last diagram on that page and note that these mysterious waves bounce off solid surfaces, so they wouldn't penetrate to your apartment anyway.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

That's one of the most astonishingly blatant demonstrations of doublethink that I've seen ...

--
Dave Farrance
Reply to

That article is wrong. There are many articles on the Internet that are wrong and that one is more wrong than most. We are engineers and scientists in this group and we can all see that the things in that article are totally impossible. The person that wrote that article did not understand science and engineering and didn't understand that he was writing about impossible things.

Ultrasonics can *not* travel through walls or ceilings. That's because plasterboard or wood reflects and strongly absorbs ultrasonics. However ultrasonics *does* go straight through aluminium foil because it's so thin that its surface will vibrate with the ultrasonics. So you could not have stopped ultrasonics with aluminium foil as you thought you did.

Therefore there was no ultrasonic beam.

You were mistaken in believing that the tenants above were beaming ultrasonics at you.

People have sleeping difficulties because of medical problems. Lots of people do. So your sleeping problem is something medical. See a doctor and he will help you find out what that medical problem is.

Don't bother reading strange articles on the Internet because they won't help you. The right way to solve sleeping problems is to see a doctor. You won't discover why you are not sleeping unless you see a doctor.

--
Dave Farrance
Reply to

Before going down that road, how about exhausting the real possibilities? You haven't told us the results of any proper testing yet.

This is a Science group, so if you ask questions here, you must expect to be advised to take a scientific approach. Before we can advise you what to do about a problem, you at least owe us a proper explanation of what is causing the problem and some factual evidence to support your assertion.

Do some of the tests that others have suggested and let us know what happens....

...or are you just looking for support for a theory, regardless of any factual evidence that might contradict it?

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

--
Thanks! ;)
Reply to

[snip drivel]

Snip my post and it comes back: "It can't harass you if you can't hear or otherwise feel it; go shoot your damned self, troll. "

Do it again and it will be x 10.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

[ snip usual Monsen drivel]

Snip my post and it comes back: "It can't harass you if you can't hear or otherwise feel it; go shoot your damned self, troll. "

Do it again and it will be x 10.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Bob Monsen wrote: [ snip usual Monsen drivel]

Snip my post and it comes back: "It can't harass you if you can't hear or otherwise feel it; go shoot your damned self, troll. "

Do it again and it will be x 10.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Bob Monsen wrote: [ snip usual Monsen drivel]

Snip my post and it comes back: "It can't harass you if you can't hear or otherwise feel it; go shoot your damned self, troll. "

Do it again and it will be x 10.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Ask the tenants to turn off the TV at the switch rather than put it on standby. We have a set that *WHINES* when on standby, I can hear it from the next room. I'd guess it to be in the 9 or 10 kHz range. Really annoying, like a giant mosquito hovering beside your ear.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

Assuming the bit about 'his whole family' is true then it's probably not subjective. White noise can mask quite a lot.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

It's paranoid shit. You might as well start asking about microwave mind control etc If you believe that then you have to believe a huge big money conspiracy because such tech cannot be bought off the shelf from *anywhere*. At that point people stop asking why the govt or Illuminati etc are persecuting them at a likely cost running into the megabucks per year.

Unless your last name is bin Laden forget it.

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere

I am studying this problem to resolve it. There could be some wrong information in non-technical sites but some information is better that nothing to analyze it.

By the way, there were a series of power spikes and power outages last night and the noise went away thereafter! No bad weather here. One good thing happened was, this nuisance gizmo stopped making noise after this incident; even after regaining power. I don't know whether the calibration was offset or it got fried.

I am still gathering more information on this subject matter, as there are even petitions I found on the Internet to stop such non-invasive attacks on human beings.

Some relevant sites on the prme subject matter are the following.

Tech

Reply to
tech

Have you found any evidence that any of these techniques work? There are plenty of reasons for believing that they don't.

What modulation did you find on the ultrasonic signal that say you picked up in your flat?

Where was it strongest? (That should give you a pretty good indication of the source.)

What happens when you turn off the power, water and gas in your flat only? That is a pretty simple thing to try - try it tonight and let us know what happens.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

You have the ability to determine frequency, yet you can't figure out what to do. How about a portable meter like an audio consultant might carry? Why was this posted to Scientology? Going without sleep and not hiring a proffesional is strange indeed. greg

Reply to
szekeres

I am a mathematician and I do understand what is right or wrong in Science and Technology to the extend of my knowledge in this vast field. I am also an electronics technologist. There could be some wrong things in articles posted by people. When Einstein first formulated his special theory of relativity, people thought he was crazy. So, I don't reject anything because there is one or more errors to it. In fact, there was error to the proof of mass-energy equivalence even though the equation E= M*C*C was correct with negligible terms after M*C*C. Well, that is not the subject matter of discussion here, namely, ultrasonic harassment.

The reason why I covered the ceiling with aluminum foil was to block radio waves such as microwave propagation. There was no noise at that time. We simply could not sleep and I used my intuitive thinking as I was getting interference on TV and the electrons from the Cathode of CRT Monitor was getting deflected as if a magnet is held closed to the deflection plates. So, I presumed that there was a high-energy electromagnetic presence in our apartment, which probably is a microwave, as I am familiar with radar imaging including the technique with tunable lasers. The problem of sleep deprivation went away for about three weeks and came back with this high pitch noise.

I am familiar with the attenuation of sound if traveled through soft materials. I am also familiar with sonar radar, sensors in ocean floor to detect submarine movements. I am also familiar with ultrasonic imagining used to see an unborn baby. So, it is possible to penetrate through soft materials with ultrasonic sound, which otherwise called as ultrasound.

If ultrasound is coupled directly into the skull bone and reaches the cochlea without passing through the middle-ear, much higher frequencies (up to about 200 kHz) will be audible. This effect (sometimes called ultrasonic hearing) was first discovered by divers exposed to a high-frequency.

So, please don't think that even though you are an engineer or person working in science, you know all of science and technology as one knows that there is more to know to know more when more is unknown.

Here are some more sites.

Your contribution and thoughts are appreciated. Tech

Reply to
tech

alt.sci.physics.acoustics

I would suggest posting to this group.

greg

Reply to
GregS

I used to harrass members of my own family with a homemade piezo tweeter fed with a 555 on two 9 volt batteries. It seemed to survive 18 volts. Darn loud. I used a pot to control the basic frequency. One can find out a few things with this device, also playing with animals across the street and people also. I was just playing around. I still have that device I made over 20 years ago!

greg

Reply to
GregS

--
My contribution will be to suggest that you get yourself some
competent psychiatric help soon,  and my thoughts are that you\'re a

--
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Tinnitus&btnG=Google+Search
Reply to