sound meter with LED

Hello

I am a musician and I am trying to build a sound meter with a large LED readout. I will try not to be long winded on describing this one.

I would like a simple LED about a foot long, tri color Red green blue. with the unit acting as a sound meter light as you would find on your stereo or a mixing console , only a larger version that would be easily seen across a large room.

I have seen such a light at this website

I don't know if this light completely lights or chases up from one end.

I would like to have the light to have its own sound controler and power supply, batteries preferably but plug in would work.

this unit could be callibrated to a sound meter or could have an integrated sound meter , working levels of the unit would be about 70 db to 105 db.

TI am a musician in a small band without a dedicated sound tech and throughout the night as we are performing our volume may increase , I am thinking that the above unit would help us keep this in check and be able to monitor our sound level throughout the night, we usually do a sound check before the performance.

If anyone has seen such a unit or know of a LED unit with the soundcontroler please let me know.

I have seen a DJ with a LED unit complete with sound controler, I looked for a model number on it but all I could find was

He bought it about 2 years ago and I cannot find the integrated unit on their website .

If anyone is interested in taking a stab at building a unit such as this please let me know.

Thanks for any help

M Fecho

Reply to
m.fecho(no spam

Also if there is a better newsgroup that this could be posted to that would be more applicable please let me know.

Thanks M Fecho

readout. I will try

the unit acting as a

a larger version

supply, batteries

sound meter , working

the night as we

would help us keep

usually do a sound

please let me know.

model number on it

and I cannot find

please let me know.

Reply to
m.fecho(no spam

"no spam" bravely wrote to "All" (13 Sep 05 03:41:20) --- on the heady topic of "Re: sound meter with LED"

ns> Subject: Re: sound meter with LED ns> Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:341998

ns> Also if there is a better newsgroup that this could be posted to that ns> would be more applicable please let me know.

rec.audio.pro

(hey, they do send s.e.r. folk too!)

ns> In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com ns> says... >

Project a closeup image of the mixer's led meter onto a screen?

A*s*i*m*o*v

... All the world's an analog stage & digital circuits play only bit parts

Reply to
Asimov