MY FAMILY CAN'T SLEEP DUE TO ULTRASONIC SOUND

I took it from Dave's earlier post that you were up-front - now I think you seriously need to see your doctor. You *are* delusional. Or a troll, but I'm betting on the former, as you seem sincere.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Like the Oracle at Delphi?

Not a bad guess, except how do you account for the hiatus between
tenants?

Maybe by walking around upstairs they\'re squishing carpet glue which
is diffusing downwards and affecting everyone there?
Reply to
John Fields

Trying to push somebody deeper into psychological problems is your idea of fun, is it, Mr. Fields? Well, if you see somebody threatening to jump off a bridge, I'm sure it'd be an even bigger laugh to rush up and give them a push. Ha. Ha.

Reply to
Richard Watkins

Um. Taking the lead from Dave's post might have given you a clue about not using counterproductive language. Your last post was a lot better.

Reply to
Richard Watkins

The most likely chance is that there is something innocently wrong with the facilities of the apartment, or your own unit. After that, the chance that the perceived disturbance is a manifestation of your family's collective uneasiness in sharing your home with strangers is still much higher than that two seperate tenants would be out to get you in the same way.

Allow me to suggest that you find a friend from outside your immediate family and invite them to stay with you for several nights, to see if they are also affected. If you remain convinced that this is something your tenants are intentionally doing, try to sneak the friend in so that it's not obvious that you have a guest.

The reality is that even when everyone is trying to get along, living in shared accomodations still takes skills. College students learn these in dorms, city dwellers may have them from cradle to grave. But of adults used to suburban single-family homes, there is a fraction who simply will not adapt to the petty annoyances of high density housing.

Reply to
cs_posting

--- Recently, I had a problem similar to yours, but since I live in a single-family home I couldn't attribute it to tenants. Extraterrestrials, perhaps, or the Government, or let your paranoid fantasies run wild and pick a card, any card...

Anyway to make a long story longer, it turned out to be one of those plastic toilet valves that you can get at Home Depot, which I used to replace a conventonal float-and-arm valve in a toilet which had a hopeless leak in the old valve. Everything went fine for a week or so, and then one night this eerie moaning sound started coming from the walls. Turned out to be that I didn't adjust the float properly and the valve connected to the float was oscillating because of not enough hysteresis in the system.

What caused the week or so delay?

maybe extraterrestrials, or the Government, or...

Anyway, maybe you fixed a toilet or something up there for your old tenants then when they moved out you turned the water off, and when the new tenants moved in you turned it back on? Or something like that?

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

--- Not at all, since physically touching them would put me in a position of criminal liability and I could be held responsible for their death.

However, If I _talked_ them into jumping, the responsibility would ultimately be theirs.

A parallel would be talking young boys and girls into going off to war. Who's responsible for pulling the trigger? Ultimately, the owner of the trigger finger.

There's also the element of 'reducto ad absurdium', which I don't think you've yet considered, as evidenced by your bleeding heart puke mentality.

--
"Better" is subjective.

So you believe in mollycoddling the "poor helpless victim" instead
of confronting him directly with material designed to determine
whether or not he\'s playing a game?
Reply to
John Fields

"The Conversation"

Regards,
  Bob Monsen

It is the theory that decides what we can observe.
    Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Reply to
Bob Monsen

One of my favorite movies ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Mine is the cross-genre classic Godzilla versus the Night Nurses.

-- Many thanks,

Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809 Thatcher, AZ 85552 rss:

email: snipped-for-privacy@tinaja.com

Please visit my GURU's LAIR web site at

Don Lancaster

Well, I'm open to that I guess but he's either going to take notice of the first post or the second. Or neither. And since he seems to be getting advice from the whacko NG's, it explains why he has gone off on this tangent and pre-supposed implausible reasons for his problems and continues to ignore anything that doesn't support his idea of persecution. Maybe he can see from even the second post that I'm not agin him, but concerned for his health. None of us can tell.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Ooooh! That sounds like a good one ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Tammi does Tokyo?

--
Regards,
  Bob Monsen

Ethical axioms are found and tested not very differently from the
axioms of science. Truth is what stands the test of experience.
    Albert Einstein
Reply to
Bob Monsen

Here is an interesting site for all of you to read.

Tech

Reply to
tech

Here is a site that might justify the contention.

Tech

Reply to
tech

Please visit the below site which I found short while ago.

Tech

Reply to
tech

This happens only at night. Yes, during the vacant time the heat and all utilities were on.

I came across an interesting site a while ago which you may want to visit.

Tech

Reply to
tech

This is not funny. Just read the contents posted on the below site which I discovered a while ago.

Tech

Reply to
tech

Paranoid delusions and conspiracy theories.

I especially like the diagram of the "infrasonic laser" that depicts a wavelength 1" long, and a 4" wide beam.

Tim

Tim Williams