Mustek 600CU

Is anybody familiar with the electronics on this?

I switched it on one day, the LED flicked on and then off. I checked the output from the adapter and the voltage had gone high, so it looks like something blew. The question is, what?

Thanks for any ideas

Reply to
joe

I have not worked on a Mustek 600CU, but I was a electronics service tech for many years.

What Blew? If you are lucky, a fuse inside the scanner. If you are not lucky, some part in the power path inside the scanner blew.

In the power adapter, I would guess a voltage regulator blew (shorted on). Which means you need a replacement, if the scanner blew a fuse and not some part in the electronics.

You won't know until you open the scanner and look at the electronics.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

the

some

No, nothing so easy as a fuse which is what I had been hoping for. I thought probably one of the diodes or a chip.

Anybody got a spare circuit board!

Reply to
joe