more EE Times nonsense

Mmm... 'animal style' fries.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yep, I was once in a McDonalds in Europe... Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Running out of D-Marks, I went in and bought a cup of coffee with a US$20 bill... getting change in D-Marks :-) ...Jim Thompson

e:

opy

een

ly,

But you are a liar - inadventently, because your political prejudices blind you to a lot of what is going on, and persuade you to post the kind of arrant nonsense that claims that

"Barack Obama is the closest thing to a dictator this country has ever had."

amongst a lot of similarly implausibel rubbish.

But, granting your ideological blinkers, your attention is rather selective, to the point of being actively misleading.

What I was mainly grousing about was you posting a claim about an "HSS estimate" without posting a pointer to the estimate. Granting your somewhat biased point of view, your idea of what such an estimate tells us is rather different from what a less biassed observer might extract from the same resport.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

ost for

rces--

Interesting claim. Do you mean that they make less money per Medicare patient than they do from patients with other health insurance, or are Medicare re-imbursements so low that they don't cover the malpractice insurance premimium the doctors have to pay for every patient they treat?

But it is a considerable step towards universal health care, and includes provisions which are likely to persuade all US health insurance companies to spend less money on administration, by preventing the health insurers from ripping off their clients by cancelling their insurance when there are medical costs to be reimbursed - paying lots of people to keep an eye policy holders for such opportunities is one of the resason why US health insurance is as expensive as it is.

Translation - one in six hospitals and other institutional providers are badly run and would go to the wall if margins were cut. Better run institutions would hire the competent staff and take over the business.

I think you have confused yourself, by concentrating on Obamacare to the exclusion of the US health care system as a whole, which is an over-priced disaster, costing half as much again per head as its French and German equivalents, which deliver the same level of heath care to the entire populations as yours delivers to the fully insured elite - 65% of your population - and much better health care than your under-insured 20% get, let alone the un-insured 15%.

It make it perefectly clear where you are coming from - as if that was ever in doubt - and makes it equally clear that you haven't got a clue exactly how how much of an over-priced, under-performing mess the current US health care system actually is.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You really do not understand how they inject pork into impending bills where assumption of passage is assumed.

It is CRIME.

I will ALWAYS declare it as such, and quite properly too.

Reply to
WarmUnderbelly

Yes, dipshit, they do.

But the figure they get is also still actually more than the greedy bastards deserve.

DOCTORS and the rest of the medical community are to blame for health care failure, and they are in bed with the insurance companies, and the proof is the difference between withholdings and company premium payments back in the seventies with respect to salary and number of family members, and that of today.

They are as far off as you are.

You're a goddamned idiot.

Reply to
WarmUnderbelly

Haven't you noticed that DimBulb is illiterate, as well as being innumerate?

Reply to
krw

Actually, yes.

John

Current book being read by me was written by the Chairman of CNN, Walter Isaacson. Einstein: His Life and Universe.

Fuck you all. I hope a very painful, heart wrenching infarction hits you and lasts a full five minutes of the worst pain you can imagine... before you become worm food.

Except JF. That man actually has a civil brain in his head. So does Mr. Davidson.

The rest of you are fairly pathetic.

I am more scientific than you ever were or ever will be, Williams.

I have succinctly and scientifically proven you to be the utterly worthless piece of shit that you are.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

So where can I buy those 0.15 volt drop high-voltage diodes?

John

Hell with that. I could use some .15V forward drop single diodes.

Reply to
krw

. . .

--
It's there, of course, but the only reason you responded in the way you
did was because there was nowhere else for you to go.

copy

on a

been

really,

We both wish he would actually do just that. I don't think he is capable of it though.

I know, i have followed through on your links and checked where you have pointed quite a bit. Your backup is consistently as stated and your analysis typically correct. If and when i do find something i will say something.

Reply to
JosephKK

Actually, we know that you are a goddamned idiot, though you seem to worship a god who is a bit slow to deliver the damnation.

Where are the lightning bolts when we could really appreciate them?

Back when I was professionally involved with medical ultrasound, half the money paid to US doctors was passed straight on to their medical malpractice insurance company. This may have changed in the intervening decades, but probably not by all that much - medical malpractice is still the business that saves Americas excessively and disproportionately numerous lawyers from having to earm an honest living.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

,

Or, to put it another way, I'd actually made a mistake, and recognised it when it was pointed out to me.

I did have to go back another year to find another example, in the thread "Does not have any harmonics" on the 3rd January 2008, where you caught me out on the nature of the scatters responsible for the blue colour of the sky - not suspended dust, as I thought, but the oxygen and nitrogen molecules in the air. I don't often make mistakes.

Your comment reflects your perception. Because you are both ignorant and prone to misinterpret other people's text, you see errors where none exist, and complain bitterly - and at length - about poster being unwilling to admit the - non-existent - error,

In other words, you bark up the wrong tree, then get a bee in your bonnet about the supposed error. It is - initially - funny, but you do persist.

It should have been enough to remind you of other examples, which do exist - see above.

You don't give up, no matter how wrong-headed your claim. Paying attention to your elaborations is a complete waste of time.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You're a Karmic retard.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

ires

ld

e may

ssary

The good news is the next time any of us guys get pregnant, our prenatal care will be fully covered (Sec. 1302b). And, Sec. 4207 guarantees us reasonable break times and a dedicated, private facility, at work, for breastfeeding our babies.

Oh, and your drug rehab is covered too (Sec. 1302(b)(1)(E)). But don't do drugs while nursing guys--that's double-dipping.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

uires

uld

re may

ring

They might still be playing catch-up. Everyone's still figuring the thing out--it takes a while, and it's not like anyone had a chance to read, much less fully understand it in the 4 days (or was it 5?) from when it was 1st published, to when it was rammed through. Members of Congress especially don't have a clue.

(You know, it's like how we design complex electronics--first we sell it, then throw a lot of random crap on a PCB and ship it, then get the customer to pay for it at gunpoint. Then we try and figure out what it'll do. Then we write the spec., and then comes the design review. Oh wait--we don't actually do it like that.)

Plus they're still under assault--Mr. Obama's on a blitzkrieg. Americans don't want this stuff, and Obama knows it; he has to grab all of America he possibly can, before November.

That said, item (v) above seems to have you covered. Hopefully.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

DimBulb's psychiatrist will be covered, too, so maybe there is hope and change.

Reply to
krw

te:

equires

could

care may

ecessary

ea.

I heard something funny today--the bill guarantees your kid can stay on your policy until he's 26. So, people are asking their companies.

Upshot? You can do that, but you'll have to pay more, of course--the insurance companies are allowed to charge you. The law's freebies aren't free.

So, you'll have to pay for your new mandatory prenatal / pregnancy coverage, fellows. Grandmas have to buy it too, natch.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat