more EE Times nonsense

Naw, 1 he couldn't possibly carry that much, 2 that much wood is more amenable to reason, 3 the chip is "inflated" with all his hot air to make it look larger.

^ Add a zero to that, for 180. You always need a zero to discuss slowman.

Oops on the prepost.

Reply to
JosephKK

be able

have an

yourself.

certainly you

refers to

of the

the

self-

other.

Slowman could not even read the notices at the top, let alone the article. If he had, he would have seen how it defeats his proposition rather than supports it.

Reply to
JosephKK

That's like dividing a zero, by zero...

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Priceless.

Reply to
Copacetic

.

All in all, i think i will take the typical cornservative style these days. At least they say good night when done and don't brag about how much better it will be the next time.

Reply to
JosephKK

Absolutely, yes.

Great people, smart, informed.

The Democrats are terrified, so they're smearing them. Liberals are vicious.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, then you win." --Ghandi

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Noted. Thanks.

--James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

I posted a link last year of either a Freddie or a Fannie employee saying yes, they knew.

Everyone knew the loans were bad, and everyone knew what kind of loans were being offered. It wasn't a secret, they were saturation- advertising: on radio, with telemarketers, and with robocallers. I got several calls a day. Everyone knew.

Someone offered me an investment in some sort of mortgage-backed security, 12-14%, guaranteed yield. I gave a two-word answer. The second word was "no."

And, as a matter of fact, under Obama the GSEs were advertising more of the same--I posted a link a few months ago. FHA, NINJA, 97%, IIRC.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

:

ote:

.

It's not a long article - basically a couple of examples of balanced sentences - and JosephKK's comments do seem to suggest tht he didn't actually read it himself.

I wonder what he thinks my "propostion" actually was?

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

--- "If?"

Your petty little world seems to revolve around 'ifs' which you try to promote as real but which are nothing more than idle conjectures which you try to support by latching on to others' coattails.

You're a circuit designer?

Show us something real instead of the insults you eternally proffer as excuses for not performing, and maybe we'll believe you.

---

real-world feedback.

--- However conveniently blind you've forced yourself to be, JL has a business which is making money so, since you're a sink, he's right and you're wrong.

Unless you're buying his stuff, in which case you'd both be winners.

---

--- Nonsense.

What you do is read what sounds good to you and then reject the rest as hogwash since it supports a viewpoint with which you disagree, and then declare your opinion imprimatur.

---

--- I don't think it's flattery that John's looking for, in my view it's something like respect in that he's been able to carve himself out a niche where he can compete with the likes of HP and Fluke on his own terms.

And, make enough money that he can pay the folks who are helping him, to help him.

Good on him.

--- And now, let's take a look at you...

Here we have,before us, a failure who isn't just a failure, but a failure who isn't intelligent enough to realize that he's a failure.

What should we do with him?

JF

Reply to
John Fields

real-world feedback.

Sloman is a nothing. Learn to be Amish :-) ...Jim Thompson

Sure. It was general knowledge, but Freddie and Fannie had no way of officially knowing, and no mechanism for rejecting loans on the basis that they had been made to less-than-credit-worthy clients. The banks that made the loans had to be assumed to be competent.

But Freddie and Fannie weren't officially set up to act on that knowledge. IIRR legislative attempts to give them that kind of power had failed because the Republicans thought that it was too much like government intervention in the free market.

That wouldn't have required much sense. 12-14% return implies very high risk investment.

So what. Presumably they were engineered to fail, like the Goldman Sachs offerings, and potentially profitable for people other than investors. You do seem to be taking a while to clean out the criminal elements in your banking system. Presumably acting too fast would have frightened the economy straight tback into recession.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

And your argument hinges of interpreting an entirely hypothetical "if" intoeduced to calify an argument as if it had something to do with the real world. Grow up/

You wouldn't, since you don't understand circuit design for anything much more complicated than a 555.

y real-world feedback.

Only if you attach magical powers to the owners of not-yet-failed businesses. Johm likes to think that since his business makes money, his delusions about other subjects have to be taken seriously. If you could do joined up logic you'd be able to detect the weakness of that argument.

Assuming that I needed it in the first place.

.

Actually, that is what John does. I read rather more widely, and a lot more sceptically, not that you would have any way of knowing.

In so far as he confines himself to potnficating about stuff in the area, he gets respect, even from me. He seems to want the same respect when he pontificates about stuff he knows very little about. Since you know even less, this may not be obvious to you.

A failure? I've failed to get a job recently, but none of Dutch employment agents expects anybody of my age to succeed in that, and think that I'm slightly crazy because I keep trying. the stuff I did when I was in work was tolerably impressive to the people who were equipped to understand it - which you are not.

In your case, stop posting about stuff you don't understand. It does serve the useful purpose of revealing how dim you really are, but we get plenty of evidnece of that from your other posts.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

The latest issue of EE Times is 42 pages.

John

For a more salacious delight, note the thickness (thinness) of Time Magazine and Newsweek.

The lapdog media are dying off. ...Jim Thompson

But National Semiconductor can afford ads on the boards in Stanley Cup playoff games.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

--
"hinges of"???
"intoeduced"???

_You're_ the one who needs to grow up, buffoon.

One of the _facts_ in the real world is that Larkin recently got himself
a $2M facility and seems to have plenty of happy customers, so the
situation you fantasized with that "if" is just about as likely to
happen as is you getting your lazy ass off the couch and _doing_
something instead of just flapping your gums about how much you'd like
to be able to.

All lip service...
Reply to
John Fields

Indeed. This, heretofore, would've been impossible in the United States:

Obama doesn't 'extend' health insurance to anyone. He simply requires they buy over-priced insurance that covers more things than they could possibly need. If they won't, they go to jail.

Obamacare includes a bunch of limitations on competing outfits that his followers wanted punished, like physician-owned hospitals. Various carve-outs based on race / 'diversity'. And, he offers handouts to half of America, to buy their votes with their own money.

You know--robbing Peter to pay Peter.

James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

HHS released an estimate today. Since the thing was rammed thru without Democrats even reading it, no one had a chance for responsible review before.

Their take? The cost for the first ten years is at least 1/3rd more than advertised.

IOW, it increases--not decreases--costs, it adds to the deficit. That gets rapidly worse as the thing fully phases in--it doesn't really get rolling for six or seven years, and it's then the losses mount.

Oh, that's just the federal cost--it doesn't count the cost to companies[1], or the trillions private citizens will be compelled to spend. All of which takes money and jobs from the economy, of course. It also creates artificial demand, driving up prices.

So, they've made health insurance just as affordable as they made mortgages. Sweeeet.

[1] e.g.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

It's outrageous that they did nothing about medical liability costs, generic drugs, or the two huge insurance company goodies: antitrust exemption and state-by-state licensing.

This *will* cause insurance rates to zoom up, which is why the insurance companies didn't mind it much. After they zoom, the Dems will blame the insurance companies for "greed" and knife them in the back. It's a designed-to-fail strategy.

John