modified q? on AC to DC

Dear Sir, i am sorry.. now am slightly changing th question as am planning to use a microcontroller..

I had a small query which i thought i would ask you. can you please tell me if there are IC's which can read and measure AC signal, convert

it to digital format,trace the 2nd and the 5th harmonic component in an AC wave of fundamental frequency of 50Hz. if yes can they be interfaced with a microcntroller. i ve to compare the digital equivalent of harmonics in the wave also.. If not then please tell me if there are any alternatives.I also want to know more about True RMS IC's. So waiting for your reply.

Thanking You

Regards Pavan

Reply to
pavan

Get a micro with enough horsepower, read the AC at about 20x 50Hz with a plain old analog to digital converter, extract the 2nd and 5th harmonic using the Fourier series, and you have your answer.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott