Model train electronics (2023 Update)

Mine is fine, but yours SUCKS! Go reread the material - it is all in there.

Reply to
Flyguy

As a kid I did something nasty. *Don't* try that at home.

I modulated high voltage spikes onto the voltage that went to the rails, similar to electric fence pulses. No more problems with locomotives not starting up or stalling. The pulses were strong enough to burn through any dirt layer. Of course, listening to the AM band was, ahem, slightly compromised.

Reply to
Joerg

Well, I was only a kid :-)

The noise wasn't worse than that from electric fences though.

Reply to
Joerg