Cell Phone Charge Lasts a Week

That's supposed to happen in the near future.

Dean Hoffman

They used to last almost a month back in the days when they were *just* cellphones. Smartphones eat battery power far too quickly.

My first smartphone would last a week in standby (less in talk time). I chose it because of its long runtime. Some of today's faster expensive models need recharging at lunchtime if they are to survive a whole day!

Same problem with typical consumer digital DAB radios in an emergency. Completely useless since they need 4xAA every 8 hours of runtime.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Mine lasts a week, probably because we have lots of cell towers in the city and I don't use it a lot. It's just a telephone and an occasional camera.

Reply to
jlarkin

On a sunny day (Fri, 17 Dec 2021 16:31:05 +0000) it happened Martin Brown <'''newspam'''@nonad.co.uk> wrote in <spie0a$10el$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>:

My Xiaomi smartphone, when in 'standby' (I mean not used) reports about 87 % battery after 24 hours, I charge it once a day. So 13% a day, so 100 / 13 = 7.69 days without charge should work. So what is new? Having a simple solar panel will keep your radio batteries charged, I have one. Else use bike dynamo or .. I even have a flashlight with hand cranck, or charge yout phone /radio like this:

Jan Panteltje