micro power square wave oscillator

The LTSpice to ASCII conversion would also be nice. Maybe you can't make a buck with that because LTSpice is free but if you have it post your name with it you'll increase you visibility. I find drawing ASCII schematics directly a bit cumbersome. Sometimes you can move parts, sometimes you can't. Sometimes lines connect, sometimes they don't.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

"Composter" _is_ quite appropriate... Charlie E take note ;-)

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

But LTspice is like Adobe Reader, it's free, and the schematic format is text, so why bother?

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
[snip]

Anyone know if LTspice can import a PSpice Schematic? That would be handy!

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

No everyone has it. ASCII art is practical especially when at anotehr person's PC that doesn't have LTSpice loaded. Such as a hotel computer.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Also, it's practical for another reason. I use Verizon as my DSL service. They recently (in the last few months) completely disabled all alt.* newsgroups.

I can't access alt.binaries.schematics.electronic, for example. Of course, I can purchase another service to get it. But then, that would be a monthly expense for a very occasional use.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

It's already available and I've posted a link several times before. I'll make some quick changes and post up a new link, soon. You can use all of the drawing capabilities of LTSpice, including the stretch and move feature, before submitting it to my tiny program for conversion to ASCII.

I'm also thinking about including the ability to access the .RAW files and to include ASCII plots of chosen data, as well. But that isn't in, yet.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

ean

ss

=20

ake

It's just as easy to take a 'T' and a cap to make a vertical column=20 in the line somewhere.

--=20 Keith

Reply to
krw

I don't think this is useful. If you want to post an image, it is better to press Alt-Print, for capturing the selected window, then paste it to MS-Paint or Gimp or something like this, save it as an image and finally upload it with

or to another free image hosting provider. Needs only some seconds and every reader can easily see the schematic and plots, without the need to decipher ASCII graphics.

Nevertheless, ASCII is nice for doing some fun stuff with it, like an animation I wrote in Lisp:

ANSI art is cool, too, like used some decades ago as intro screens when login to BBS:

I enjoyed playing some ANSI games, like an implementation of Risk with my

14400 baud modem (I think it was not an approved telecommunications device by the Post :-)
--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

--
Not bad, and frequency stays pretty constant over delta Vcc.

All that\'s left is to get the frequency up to 100kHz, the output to be
a square wave (50% duty cycle) and to drive something that\'ll drive an
unspecified load with a total of
Reply to
John Fields

You could be right about that. Frankly, it's all just an experiment to me.

Just that if someone is doing up a quick schematic to 'make a point' and post it, it might be nice to also include a short display of the pertinent curve underneath or beside it, also in ASCII. That way not only is the schematic absolutely clearly stated and taken directly from a simulation work-up but also the data being discussed is also explicit and unambiguous, as well, in the post.

Probably has limited use, of course. But it's not much of a problem to do and it may improve the clarity of what someone is talking about when they write, without having to spend inordinate time framing their words, with painful care, or else having one's point misunderstood and all manner of posts following it trying to repair failed communication and play catch-up on the intended details.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

-

put,

ance

an a

and to drive something that'll drive an

Reply to
bill.sloman

Never was my problem, but it is Brian's!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

Maybe a good idea would be a collaboration schematic web application, something like a "schematic graphics wiki"? This could lead to an open schematics format, for easier interchaning and modifying ideas.

Currently when I see a schematic on the web (for which the author says it is free to use), most of the time I have to create it manually in Eagle. And creating the packages and symbol library is a pain, too. I assume much time is wasted, because the same packages are created by many users over and over again (but sometimes there is some support, e.g. the download pages with user contributed libraries on the Cadsoft homepage), multiplied by different EDA programs, because they can't use libraries of other programs (at least Eagle can't do it). An open format could lead to a solution, where the manufacturer produces the needed files, and the user just downloads it for including in their EDA programs, like with PSpice models, which are provided by some manufacturers.

--
Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss

According to plumbers the air is slowly absorbed into the water until that type of "poor man's arrester" no longer works.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

That would be nice. It's so much easier to draw in LTSpice.

Plots may not be so easily visible in ASCII. Only basic waveforms but not glitches and such.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Problem with those is that many links expire at some point and sometimes a whole web site goes belly up. Then when one of our grandkids finds that post 10-20 years from now, thinking that this is the solution they've been looking for, all they get it a http error message.

Cool. When you watch that long enough it can make you dizzy. Don't watch it after half a dozen Koelsch beers ;-)

When I was a kid I built some dinosaur-age game consoles. Playing was never fun, only designing and building was. Usually after trying whether it works I either dismantled it to recycle the parts for the next project or I just gave it away.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yep. Been there, done that. Some 35 years ago. Added two valves, one at bottom, one at top of vertical column, to allow periodic draining.

...Jim Thompson

         Global Warming is God\'s gift to the Blue States

Due to excessive spam, gmail, googlegroups, UAR, AIOE are blocked!

Considering the cost of PVC pipes today (made with crude oil ...) a real hammer arrester seems like a deal and usually you don't have to worry about remembering the drainage routine for many years.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Mine is in the old well house, above an outside faucet. If I shut off the ball valve from the new well and open that faucet, it drains all the water from the pipe. No extra valves, and everything is in plain sight, so it's obvious to almost anyone. All it cost was the PVC tee and end cap.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell