Square Wave Power Inverter and Magnetic Induction question

Hi,

I got this 12 volts square wave power inverter. I heard that if you put an LC passive filter in the output. It can convert to sine wave. What is this LC passive filter mean?? What value must I get? My inverter is 150 watts.

Another thing. My transformer is 12-0-12 to 110 volts. What is the minimum frequency before the magnetic field can no longer cause induction in the secondary?? For example. If the 12 volts ac runs at 3 Hz. Can it induce the current at the secondary?

What is the explanation again why transformer can induce current inbetween primary and secondary with no physical contact between them? I mean.. I know that if you rotate a magnet, it can induce current in the wire around it. But in transformer, what's the principle. Thanks.

Lory

Reply to
Lory