Membrane keyboard as low-force sensor

Hi everyone,

I have an application where I need to sense a mechanical force of about

5 gf, that is 0.05 N. I need an array of such sensors, and that they be waterproof. The array would have a pitch of about 15 mm. I think of having a membrane keyboard specially designed to operate at such a low force. According to some manufacturers, it is possible, and according to others, it is not. An additional requirement is that in the application the force is exerted almost permanently, and is occasionally removed but most of the time the force is applied. My concern is the capability of the membrane keyboard to open its contact even after months of continuous activation but say one minute release each day. Can you advise me a technology that would meet these requirements? A manufacturer ? Thanks in advance. Jean-Marc
Reply to
Jean-Marc Delaplace