Measuring fluctuations of earth's magnetic fields inside a pc ?

ory

ery

le

dle

nd

Robert Myers

Without really intending to, you have performed a gruesome experiment on Usenet, and I conclude that enough data are available to draw a tentative conclusion.

Your reckless cross-posts to comp.arch invariably resurrect the flood of spam. If you really want to post to comp.arch, please don't cross- post.

Robert.

Reply to
Robert Myers

These were scrap too. I'm sure some bean counter somewhere lost a lot of sleep. They're funny that way.

Reply to
krw

That's why they never eat Chili. It gets cold before they finish bean counting. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

He is an idiot, and since YOU comp.arch IDIOTS did not complain about his stupidity at the get go, he is now entrenched into thinking his retarded behavior is acceptable. That, and YOU are at fault for his invasion of your group. Don't be like the black retards of the world and blame everything on the rest of the world. Clean up YOUR OWN act, and your own group. Organize your group members and complain about the retarded f*ck.

But your logic is also flawed. The spam is not the result of his added groups, dipshit. Your group gets spammed, because the retarded spammers hunt up groups that get daily activity. D'OH!

Reply to
CellShocked

nd

Thanks for offering your considered and carefully-worded opinion.

Since the spamming had disappeared and reappeared only when skybuck reappeared, I inferred a causal connection.

I've politely suggested to him that too many of his posts are too far off-topic and that he has really worn out the patience of comp.arch, but I was told by a fellow comp.arch poster that I shouldn't discourage him.

As to many of the abusive and defamatory statements you have made, they are evidence that neither skybuck nor anyone else has a monopoly on many of the undesirable qualities you complain about.

As to lodging complaints, I generally save that for abusive posts like yours.

Robert.

Reply to
Robert Myers

Wow! That's cookin'! :-) I would have enjoyed watching that, then would have become a pita with "Let me try! Let me try!"

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

The real fun was whacking the still hot circuit board against the solder pot and watching dozens to hundreds of through hole components go flying off the board, and against the sheet of aluminum at the back of the bench. I got a great supply of bypass capacitors and resistors for projects just by sweeping them into a coffee can. :)

--
The movie \'Deliverance\' isn\'t a documentary!
Reply to

He does have idiotic opinions, occaisionally, sure. However, in his defense, I've found that he does seem to provide useful information once in a while (well, links to useful information).

And then there is amusement value of the reactions his postings provoke....

Reply to
Mayan Moudgill

He is a festering pustule on the face of the group.

Reply to
CellShocked

[x] Learn to use your killfile.
--
Bernd Paysan
http://www.jwdt.com/~paysan/

Oh, go find a place to stand. You know, that one well outside the Earth...

Reply to
Ken Hagan

that

There is enough of a clear threat of violence in this post to warrant a call to the police, and I have been reporting your posts.

The group that I post to is not about computer programming.

The appropriate way to address me formally is Dr. Myers.

Robert.

Reply to
Robert Myers

I the world I come from, you'd have to make some numbers to show that the Hall effect could never matter in the semiconductor devices now in use. You'd also have to rule out statistical biases in the errors that hard disks make. There are people who worry about this sort of far-fetched scenario and make numbers if such an issue ever comes up.

There are certain undergraduate institutions where I can easily imagine this problem being posed, with the challenge being not so much the yes or no answer, but how you explored the conceivable effects and ruled them out. Proving a negative is tough.

Robert.

Reply to
Robert Myers

Just killfile DimBulb, if you can (else ignore). He goes by something now approaching 100 nyms (hence SED's nickname "nymbecile"). He's SED's resident idiot and is always wrong (hence his third pet name, AlwaysWrong).

Reply to
krw

Fuck you. Like I need a primer from a twit that has likely been in Usenet for less than a year.

{X} Learn to f*ck off and die.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

I'd go to Mars in a heartbeat, considering that the world is filled up with totally retarded twits like you.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Don't worry your overworked brain or imagination about that. I have plenty enough education and experience to deal with you.

As to what you think you know about military systems or how the RDT&E budget is spent, there isn't anything you could say that I would take seriously.

Not only have you threatened me, you have also engaged in racial hate speech, misogynistic and inflammatory characterizations, and speech that is derogatory to the developmentally disabled.

Not every type of speech is permissible.

Robert.

Reply to
Robert Myers

Archimedes' Lever schrieb:

Welcome to my killfile!!

I will never see your nasty wording (like "f*** off and die") again!

Reply to
Ralf Kaiser

Then you better killfile all of his sock puppets. Here is a partial list to get you started:

Abbey Somebody AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever AtTheEndofMyRope AwlSome Auger Bart! BigBalls BillyPilgrim Bungalow Bill Capt. Cave Man

ChairmanOfTheBored Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

Corbomite Carrie DarkMatter DarkSucker Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on Dr. Heywood R. Floyd FatBytestard FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor

FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor George Orr GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \\Jackie\\" Gleason" HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy Jupiter Jaq Kai

LargeMarge life imitates life lurch MadManMoon MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

Mr.Eko Mr. Haney Mycelium Mycelium

Neanderthal OutsideObserver Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs scorpius

SkyPilot SomeKindOfWonderful

Son of a Sea Cook SoothSayer Spurious Response

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt Sum Ting Wong Sum Ting Wong

SuspendedInGaffa The Great Attractor

TheGlimmerMan TheJoker The Keeper of the Key to The Locks

TheKraken The Last Mimsy

TheQuickBrownFox The Loner snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

UltimatePatriot UpGrade ValleyGirl VioletaPachydermata WallyWallWhackr