Maybe an alternative to small OLED displays on equipment

Maybe an alternative to small OLED displays on equipment

this is an LCD... no burn in?

out of stock ATM of course... I like it

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

It's really small. I mean, I'd have to use glasses, AND a monocle to look at this display. 2.4"??? That's not even the size of a pack of cigarettes. At least it's bigger than a pack of matches. I love the description, "svelte form factor", meaning "friggin' tiny"!

Not quite small enough to embed in one of the larger BGA packages. Now that's something I'd like to see, an FPGA with an LCD display built in for debugging. It would need the USB C connector for the keyboard, of course. Not sure how best to connect the flash disk.

I don't recall, does the 2040 have flash on chip? The board has 8 MB of external flash. That would allow it to host a Forth compiler, so it would be self contained.

Reply to
Ricky

only RAM and small bootrom that loads code from the external flash in to ram at boot

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

:(

I get why the chip is so cheap now. Large flash takes up a lot of silicon.

Reply to
Ricky

lets them use a process optimized for logic so they can sell it for $1 in ones at Digikey, and code in RAM can run at full speed, at the 133MHz flash needs waitstates external spi flash is cheap, maybe $0.50 if you only buy one