max temperature for touch screens....

Can anyone tell me which kind of touch screen will be better to be used in kitchen area? According to what I read, projected capacitive touch screens seem better. Can these touch screen withstand high temperatue...might be 120C. Let me know your suggestions.

Reply to
archana.jabade

Air conditioning?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Doesn't matter. The right answer is not likely for ANY consumer or commercial product.

Hell, even military specs do not generally exceed 70C handling capacity.

I am sure there is a ruggedized version out there though for rough duty situations.

Spurious Response

What kind of kitchen are you putting these in? You won't see 120C in either residential or commercial kitchens in locations where contact is possible due to the applicable consumer or workplace safety regulations.

I have a double convection oven with a control panel mounted such that heat rising through the appliance might exceed internal component ratings. The solution is a small cooling fan that circulates air through the electronics space.

"Grant me the strength to change what I can, the ability to accept
what I can\'t, and the incapacity to tell the difference."
        -- Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

what if hot oil or boiling water(temp will be less than 120, still...) comes in contact with my touch screen(may be not for long time...5-10 seconds) ???????? then what ??? that spot/area gets damaged? I am just considering a possibility....

Reply to
jasusvijay

Well then, you need to specify the conditions where the screen will be exposed to those conditions.

Manufacturers probably won't have figures for this kind of environment. You might have to find out what kind of material the screen is made of and at what temp it will melt. You could model the thermal conductivity of the structure to see how fast the heat from a droplet will be dissipated, but it will probably have a minor impact on anything other than the front surface.

Boiling water will probably be the worst case, as H2O has a higher specific heat than oil.

Opinions stated herein are the sole property of the author. Standard
disclaimers apply. All rights reserved. No user serviceable components
inside. Contents under pressure; do not incinerate. Always wear adequate
eye protection. Do not mold, findle or sputilate.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

At 120C, who's going to touch it?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Either don't put a touch screen in your kitchen or train yourself not to pour hot boiling liquids on your equipment.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks.