Magnet-Motor (Free electricity?)

It's been around much longer than that. AFAICR it started with a pseudo-technical book of fiction written by an ex Jumbo pilot, that was adopted as a text book by groups of loonies all over the world. I was invited to a demonstration in Brisbane where I live, and explained to my wildly enthusiastic (but not so technical) friend that on the day there would be some reasonable explanation why it didn't quite meet its claims on the day of the demonstration, and sure enough, the "good" magnets were away being re-magnetized. With the "bad" magnets, the machine managed only 90% efficiency, but the "good" magnets had double the energy, so any fool could see that they would produce 180% efficiency (not me, of course, because I had been brainwashed by the traditionalist education system run by the oil companies to suppress all such breakthrough technology). Soon after that I heard that the person who put on the demonstration had sold his house, donated the proceeds to a consortium to develop the technology, and moved to New Zealand to be with them and share the dream.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

My Mom taught me to read before I even started school. At age 7 or so, I was reading the encyclopedia recreationally. It was called "Richard's Topical Encyclopedia", and was arranged in categories. One of the chapters was all about perpetual motion, giving a whole bunch of examples, and explaining exactly why none of them would work.

Turns out to be one of Newton's Laws, I think. ;-)

Now, if someone could conjur up a Zero-Point Daemon, that'd be something!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I saw Red Skelton do that gag with horseshoes. The front ones were normal horseshoes, and the back ones were about 12" tall. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

My Grandmother had a clock that you only had to wind about once every three months.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The Three Laws of Thermodynamics: 1) You can't win. 2) You can't break even. 3) You can't quit the game.

Opinions stated herein are the sole property of the author. Standard
disclaimers apply. All rights reserved. For external use only. If
irritation, rash or swelling occurs, discontinue use immediately
and consult a physician. Void where prohibited.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Yes, if such a device needs to be started, it can't produce free energy.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)

Clever comment. Just like the guy (what was his name again?) with the FTL cables a few years ago.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Reply to
Nico Coesel

He had them up for sale on eBay... I wonder if someone actually bought them?

He seemed to be a True Believer in that he just wasn't understanding what he was seeing, rather than knowing he was selling snake oil and just not caring.

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I've emailed them and they send me a measurement report on one of their devices (measured in August this year at the Danish Technology University). I ran some numbers on it but it turns out the Danish got most of their math completely wrong (elementary stuff like Ohm's law and power calculations) and some of the measurements didn't make sense at all. Instead of 200% efficiency I calculated 73% which is okay for a motor-generator combination.

--
Programmeren in Almere?
E-mail naar nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Reply to
Nico Coesel

Or, as someone from sci.physics / sci.chem put it:

1) You can't win. 2) You can only break even on a very cold day. 3) It never gets that cold.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Which makes you suspect pretty strongly that the 'report' is a fake itself. Can you verify the authenticity of the authors?

Ken

Reply to
Ken

when hell freezes over :)