M.Y.T engine - anyone see this first hand ?

On a sunny day (Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:08:19 -0600) it happened don wrote in :

I will believe it when the first commercial car with it drives longer then 3 years.

Remember the Stirling engine car by Philips?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

years.

I would like to see a GenSet using this engine.

It may give the power companies a run for their (our) money.

don

Reply to
don

On a sunny day (Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:26:23 -0600) it happened don wrote in :

years.

Yes, if it worked there would be all sorts of applications, aircraft too. What I think is the joke here, is that it needs a lubrication system. In one of those videos the guys claims 'good for US farmers as it can work on veg oil etc.etc..', but it NEEDS fuel and oil combined. I do no see how you can, in an easy way, use a normal lubrication system, so it burns oil like hell, and pollutes... I will not pas any pollution rules... If it really works at all! He asks 10 M$ more, to build a garage to fit it into existing cars... makes no sense to me, he could have rented any old garden shed :-) So there are problems, clearly. No nice GenSets...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

The problem in the US is that it is illegal to modify a vehicles engine. I think is a CAFÉ rule. You can do it for Off-road vehicles, but not street. It killed the propane conversion industry.

Martin Riddle

Modify, but not replace? Anyway, I would have thought it time for the return of the gas turbine, coupled with an electric generator and supercaps.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

On a sunny day (Mon, 01 Jun 2009 21:48:11 +0100) it happened Dirk Bruere at NeoPax wrote in :

Wankel motor. Here is a very long article-interview, in German however, discussing that issue:

Maybe worth running it through a translation system.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Maybe if you bathed more often?

Michael A. Terrell

If you can't pass them, you'd better not eat them!!

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

years.

...and what about the rotary engine that Wankel started with?

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Tue, 02 Jun 2009 01:49:45 -0700) it happened Robert Baer wrote in :

years.

The wankel engine is used in a real car today, and now also in hydrogen car:

Jan Panteltje

Its not me with the problem. There ar lots of food I don't eat, because they don't digest properly. :(

Michael A. Terrell

I don't think anyone can really digest legislation.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

I wouldn't know, since I've never had the desire to eat a huge pile of paper that was handled by politicians.

Michael A. Terrell

n/

is a=20

motion=20

out=20

That sounds like a variant of the old Virmel engine.

into a=20

producing=20

=20

has=20

and=20

=20

for=20

over=20

not=20

current=20

not=20

also be=20

billions=20

able=20

and=20

configuration.

Reply to
JosephKK

Digest it? They don't even bother to read it.

Reply to
krw

...you mean some plants dislike your taste???

Reply to
Robert Baer

Yeah! No self-respecting termite would even consider a taste...

Reply to
Robert Baer

No. I have had some food allergies all my life. Then I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetic, and the medication makes other foods off limits. I can eat them, but they just lay there in my stomach, or plug up my intestines.

Michael A. Terrell

There are always French termites. Tell them the paper is made from snails, and they'll devour it.

Michael A. Terrell