Looking for oscure Hirose 68-way connector NX30H-68P

It is used on the external end of PCMCIA cards

The PCMCIA business is pretty dead now...

I don't mind if it has a cable attached to it. I believe there was an IDC version, intended for some obscure-pitch ribbon cable

Heavy googling finds some products which might be using this connector e.g.

but none seem to exist anymore

and this one is probably the closest since the PCMCIA card is actually an ARINC429 one from MAX Technologies. It is incredibly expensive but I got it on Ebay for about $200 and I am trying to get it working, just enough to be able to monitor ARINC429 packets.

Many thanks for any pointers :)

Reply to
Peter

I've used Hirose connectors in the past, but looking through my notes shows they weren't close to what you want:

I take it you've aleady contacted Hirose?

Reply to
Buzz McCool

Hirose cannot be contacted without a lot of hassle.

This is deffo 68-pin; I counted them and you can see them in the screenshot.

Buzz McCool wrote

Reply to
Peter

looks like a 68 pin external SCSI III connector. check a dumpster, lots of them out there.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Cydrome Leader wrote

Those are indeed very similar but they are wider.

I made a little PCB to fit into it. 0.8mm pitch, 0.8mm thick, gold contacts, and 30 bucks from china for 5 of them.

Reply to
Peter

Interesting, what is the size difference?

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

The SCSI connectors on PC cards are about 2x bigger.

Reply to
Peter

I just measured about 31.5mm across the shell of the SCSI connector next to me. Maybe 47mm-ish between centers of the screw parts. No way your connector is half that size.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Cydrome Leader wrote

It is wider the other way :)

The width of this connector is about 3.5mm.

About 37mm across the screwlocks.

Reply to
Peter

I typoed 47. it's 37mm, the standard for ultra high density SCSI. Either way, it's a common connector.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Cydrome Leader wrote

I have some SCSI cards with this connector style but not the 3.5mm wide.

Reply to
Peter