LMH7220 docs

I'm looking for an LVDS-output comparator to get a 3 dBm 40-70 MHz sinewave into an FPGA as a clock. The National LMH7220 keeps popping up in searches. It looks OK; but I wonder if anyone has a better suggestion? One slight surprise was the waveforms at the end of this

application note. Firstly, the frequencies illustrated seem a bit low. The comparator is specified to

1Gb/s. Secondly, the signals/probing on the cable don't look so great.

TIA Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

One very nice LVDS-to-LVDS part is the FIN1101. I'd bias both inputs to, maybe +1.2 or thereabouts, AC ground one, and AC couple your sinewave into the other. But in fact it works with one input grounded.

We pay about 80 cents. It's faster and cheaper than an official "comparator", but it behaves like one.

John