LM318 should work shouldn't it?

I need an op amp that can give me a gain of +/-3 and handle a square wave with a frequency range of 1kHz to 1MHz.

The LM318 has a GBW of 15MHz and a really high slew rate but I cannot get it to work. I cannot even get it to work as a unity gain inverter. I'm not familiar with the balance/compensation inputs on an op amp and I cannot find any literature that talks about them. What should I do with these? Do the have to be used? Is there another amp that suit my needs?

Reply to
Milo

Of what amplitude ?

How familiar are you with op-amp circuits ?

They don't have to be used.

Have you got this ?

Doubtless but if you can't get the 318 to work you clearly have a more basic problem.

Can you post a schematic using ascii here or a graphics file at alt.binaries.schematics.electronics pls.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

in what way is it not working ? what is the output ... high, low, zero , oscilating ? what are the voltages on the + and - inputs ?

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

a gain of + and -3 at the same time?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

"Milo" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Guess an LM318 will do fine once you get it to work, assuming the voltages and impedances you need are not extreme. But the first thing you need is a good datasheet. Just Google for it. Then you should be able to read it and - worse - to understand what you read. You'll find some examples in the datasheet as well. Unless you're totally new to electronics you'll find out what you need. For more help, we'll need more info. Some more specs and/or a schematic of the circuit you want to build.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

If you just try to increase the output voltage of a digital device (square wave) it might be better to get a HCMOS level translator(buffer) with Schmitt-trigger input. An analog amp is apparently not so easy to use, it requires a good layout and some external parts especially when driving large capacitive loads like gates of Mosfets.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy